Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Do you wear a Scapular? The most amazing thing about the Brown Scapular is the Scapular Promise given by Our Blessed Mother to St Simon Stock: "Whosoever dies wearing this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire." Wow, why not? To St Dominic she said "One day through the Rosary and Scapular I will save the world." There are not many specific things Mary has told us to do, at least not more than we can handle. We wear the Scapular because our Mother told us to do it. Simple as that.
This is the one I wear. I do take off the medals though, because they wear out the cords within a week with them on. This is a childs Brown Scapular, I get the one with the long cord, so it can be tucked inside you know what. Does it itch? Yes. Does it bother me? Yes. Does it bother others? Probably. Does it make people constantly say, "your tag is sticking out?" Yes. I am actually amazed at the people who have never heard of a Scapular. Let me clarify that, I am amazed at the Catholics who have never heard of a Scapular. There are so many miracles that have happened because of the Brown Scapular. I do attribute grace in my life to the Brown Scapular and the Rosary of course. When I'm wearing it, I am constantly reminded of Jesus. Now how can constantly being reminded of our Lord be bad?

This book for children explains some of the miracles associated with the Brown Scapular. You can get free Brown Scapulars here. Or order like the one pictured here.
Our Lady of Fatima appeared with the Scapular in her hands, dressed as Our Lady of Mt Carmel, just at the end of the MIRACLE OF THE SUN at Fatima in 1917, and Lucia, who saw Our Lady and spoke with Her, said: "She wants EVERYONE to wear it."

Prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel"Flos Carmeli"
- Prayer of St. Simon Stock

O beautiful Flower of Carmel, most fruitful vine, Splendor of Heaven, holy and singular, who brought forth the Son of God, still ever remaining a Pure Virgin, assist me in this necessity. O Star of the sea, help and protect me!Show me that Thou art my Mother.
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee!
Mother and Ornament of Carmel, Pray for us!
Virgin, Flower of Carmel, Pray for us!
Patroness of all who wear the Scapular, Pray for us!
Hope of all who die wearing the Scapular, Pray for us!
St. Joseph, Friend of the Sacred Heart, Pray for us!
St. Joseph, Chaste Spouse of Mary, Pray for us!
St. Joseph, Our Patron, Pray for us!
O sweet Heart of Mary, Be our salvation!



4 comments:

  1. Isn't funny how many Catholics never heard of it. How about the Catholics who don't even go to Mass every Sunday?

    I get so frustrated with people sometimes. That is why I blog. Hoping to educate. Seems like more people know about Brittany Spears life then they know the Saints or what the Catholic Church teaches.

    You did a beautiful job on Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for trying to help me with the you-tube thing. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Garment of Grace books, and you and I wear the same scapular!

    I hope you had a lovely feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful how you address all the parts of the faith. Keeping folks up on different facets of spirituality.
    I have the green scapular, but i know I need to get a brown one as well. Thanks for the encouragement. Luv, Nerm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...