Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 5 of Divine Mercy Novena (Tuesday)

Fifth Day
Today bring to Me
THE SOULS OF THOSE WHO HAVE SEPARATED THEMSELVES FROM MY CHURCH,
and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion.

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Recitation of Divine Mercy Chaplet...


3 comments:

  1. Loved hearing about your Holy Week activities. What a great idea with the stations of the cross. And, yes, adorable little feet!! All of them. I will have to try that next year.
    Great recipes, too. I can't believe it took you so long to start a blog. ;) You are just full of ideas and inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love your kitchen blog. If you don't mind, I linked your food blog to my food blog (simpleservings.blogspot.com) so my friends can click over for more recipe ideas. Let me know if you don't think that's a good idea and I'll delete the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessed Holy Week - your week was full but how beautifully you brought your children into it!!!

    Good idea to post the Novena!!! Tim is doing it for the first time this year. What an amazing and powerful devotion to pray together. We have personalized it some by adding a particular name to each decade ( e.i. for the sake of his sorrowful passion have mercy on "Emily" and on the whole world). God Bless LM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!