Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 8 of Divine Mercy (Friday)

Eighth Day
Today bring to Me
THE SOULS WHO ARE DETAINED IN PURGATORY,
and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in you power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice.
Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire Mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of Purgatory, that there, too, the power of Your mercy may be celebrated.
Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls suffering In Purgatory, who are enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. I beg You, by the sorrowful Passion of Jesus Your son, and by all the bitterness with which His most sacred Soul was flooded; Manifest Your mercy to the souls who are under your just scrutiny. Look upon them in no other way but only through the Wounds of Jesus, Your dearly beloved Son; for we firmly believe that there is no limit to Your goodness and compassion.
Amen.


The ABC's of Mercy
Ask for His Mercy. God wants us to approach Him in prayer constantly, repenting of our sins and asking Him to pour His mercy out upon us and upon the whole world.
Be Merciful to Others. God wants us to receive His mercy and let it flow through us to others. He wants us to extend love and forgiveness to others just as He does to us.
Completely trust in Jesus. God wants us to know that the graces of His mercy are dependent upon our trust. The more we trust in Jesus, the more we will receive.
-Taken from my Divine Mercy Message and Devotion booklet. This is what I contemplated in my holy almost 2 holy hours tonight, along with praying for all of you. I think I spent a whole 1/2 hour on just these 3 things, the ABC's of Mercy, crying and begging for God's Mercy. This week I think the only opportunity I had for giving mercy to others was Tuesday evening, my husband, after working late and after I cleaned the kitchen, came home and fried sausage. I did not say a word, although I wanted to, but remembered Mercy and Love, that I do it for love. And you know that 5 extra minutes that it took to clean the kitchen again was really nothing in the scope of my whole day. "Everything is Grace" -St Therese, that prayer card is just above my kitchen sink reminding me to take those moments of mercy. Those moments of mercy we mothers have all throughout our day with all the little things that come up. Moments of Mercy. Moments of Mercy.
Thank You God for all the moments of Mercy in my life, every day.
**PS Nerm, the image yesterday of St Faustina was found by googling under "images" and then her name. I, too, love her and this devotion!
I just noticed that the image I picked for today, fits perfectly for my favorite day of the novena, for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. I actually picked a bunch of images and loaded them and have just been picking different ones each day!

4 comments:

  1. I like your contemplation about Mercy. It gives me some good thought for the day.

    And regarding the movie recommendation...I am SO out of it here in Europe. Thanks for keeping me up to speed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie for your prayers and loving our Lord so much. The flowers you gave me are in full bloom and spreading its beautiful smell. I think of you when I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful reflection Jamie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, you are such an inspiration to me! I believe you have been given a special spiritual gift of intercessory prayer. I appreciate and am thankful for all your prayers on my behalf and also on the behalf of others. God give you special grace and blessings. Nerm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!