Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Friday, Start of Divine Mercy Novena of Chaplets


It is greatly recommended that the following novena intentions and prayers be said together with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
First Day
Today bring to Me
ALL MANKIND, ESPECIALLY ALL SINNERS,
and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges me.
Most Merciful Jesus, whose very nature it is to have compassion on us and to forgive us, do not look upon our sins but upon our trust which we place in Your infinite goodness. Receive us all into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart, and never let us escape from It. We beg this of You by Your love which unites You to the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon all mankind and especially upon poor sinners, all enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion show us Your mercy, that we may praise the omnipotence of Your mercy for ever and ever. Amen.
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a rich and powerful prayer, able to be offered in a short time, but beautiful in its simplicity. It is prayed on ordinary Rosary beads as follows:
-Begin with one Our Father, One Hail Mary, and the Apostles' Creed.
-On each of the large (the "Our Father") beads, pray:
"Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."
-On each of the small ("Hail Mary") beads, pray:
"For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy onus and on the whole world."
-At the end of the five decades of these prayers, pray three times:
"Holy God, Holy mighty One, Holy immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world."
For more information regarding Divine Mercy, please go to www.divinemercysunday.com
*Again, remember the hour of Mercy is 3:00pm, if at all possible, try to pray this chaplet and novena during that time each day.
Yesterday, I really enjoyed praying for all your petitions, I may need another holy hour though! Thank you so much for allowing me to pray for you on such a personal level. Because it was Holy Thursday, Jesus was exposed in the church and taken away at 10:30. (I was there at 9pm) It is always so sad when they take away Jesus at the end of Holy Thursday. There is such an empty space in my heart, such a longing, such a yearning. We are really truly blessed to have the fullness of the Catholic faith, to have Christ right in every Catholic church, right there in the tabernacle. Oh, how we take this for granted, as He waits for us. How empty we are when He is no longer there. Which is the way we are supposed to feel on Good Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, Thank you for doing this. Would you mind if I tell others to go to your site as you do it so well. I love to pray this prayer. I do it everyday at 3pm while I go and pick up the kids. It is easy because it is on the radio and Jonathan and I do it together! I will be praying with you. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, as I have said before, I love the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I will be praying with you every day at 3:00 for the novena. Thanks for doing this for everyone. Nerm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!