Friday, March 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This beautiful plant (it's actually 3 plants in one) is from my neighbor Jeanne. I am still in awe that she did such a nice thing for me!! She was thanking me for our friendship, me! She doesn't know that I prayed for her before I even met her. Last Summer when we were waiting to move I prayed every day for our new neighbors! I actually forgot until today when she gave me this with a beautiful card. And so, today I am thankful for Jeanne and our friendship that is growing and blossoming, just as this plant is. Thank You, God for our wonderful neighbors, especially Jeanne! (We are still praying for the house to sell next door, we pray every night for a Holy Catholic homeschooling family! Do you know anyone who wants to move to MN?)

This is Thursday, well...I think it is actually Friday now, I am posting very, very late, I had my holy hour with our Lord and I am so very thankful to have this time with Him. He gives me so much. I am so blessed and I am so thankful.


*Just another reminder that the Divine Mercy Novena starts next Friday, Good Friday. I will be posting the novena here every day. The Chaplet of Mercy is prayed along with the novena.Or check out www.thedivinemercy.org/ for more information.
The hour of great mercy is three o'clock in the afternoon. If at all possible, try to pray the chaplet and novena during the three o'clock hour.
In our lord's revelations to St Faustina, Our Lord asked for special prayer and meditation on His Passion each afternoon at the three o'clock hour, the hour that recalls His death on the cross.
At three o'clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy. ...In this hour I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion. (diary, 1320)
Friday, we have a field trip to a maple syrup festival and then we are part of the women and children of the living Stations of the Cross at our church!! It should be fun!! But busy! Saturday we have a first Communion retreat to go to, should be fun. So everyone have a wonderful weekend!! May God pour His graces onto you as you prepare for Holy Week!!

1 comment:

  1. HI Jamie!
    Have a wonderful and busy Friday! Your blog is so beautiful and I'm so proud of you for finding the time to do it.

    I am SOOOO sick with this pregnancy and am having a hard time reading anything, let alone the computer! Sorry it's taken so long for me to leave a comment.

    We have Jedi's present and cards here, but I can't get out of the house (or bed much!) to get it mailed. I will see if Curt can mail it tomorrow. Nothing like stretching out a birthday! :)

    Luke sure wished he could have come to the Lego party. It looked fantastic!! You did such a wonderful job!

    Have a great weekend and I hope to talk to you early next week. Love your curtains and the flowers!

    Love in JMJ,
    Sarah

    PS Eva saw your backwards facing blog picture and named all of your kids (well, just the girls!) without my help! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!