Friday, September 12, 2008

The Feast of The Most Holy Name of Mary

Today for this special feast we made cookie cutter cookies and decorated them with blue frosting and sprinkles and colored beautiful pictures! And prayed the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I love that prayer, it's amazing all the beautiful names for our Blessed Mother.
I posted the recipe on Catholic Cuisine.


Jedi said after eating his cookie, "those were good, they tasted just like the cookies we make at Christmas time!" O.K. we don't make cookie cutter cookies that much. They were fun though! These don't tempt me at all, if there's no chocolate, it's not worth the calories.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could make cookies!My cookies always turn out like pancakes. Those look like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!~ I got a recipe for sugar cookies out of a tin Hallmark used to sell with that chbby angel - there were also a star and angel cookie cutter. Those are all long gone now . . . but I still have the recipe and it wins me favourable reviews every time I make them. I love making sugar cookies - I don't like frosting them - so this Hallmark recipe is great w/out the frosting, too.

    I'd eat those cookies you made - I don't care about calories. Isn't that sad? I have a sweet tooth!

    I love how you incorporate all these feasts into your daily life. I would, if my kids were young. Mine look at me as if I've lost my mind when I say we should do this or that . . . teens, anyone? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those looked like they turned out great! What a wonderful activity to do together. I also love the Litany. It's so beautiful. She's so beautiful. :-) And, you are so good with the temptation. If it's sugar, I'll eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!