Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

This is a special feast day! I didn't want to make the cupcake rosary found on Catholic Cuisine, because I did not want all those leftovers, so I tried to think of something that would have no leftovers! Today in MN it rained a cool rain all morning so hot cocoa with marshmallows and Hershey's kisses worked out perfect! And of course Mathilda's great coloring sheets!
A little quiz on the mysteries of the rosary, some beautiful books, the family rosary and the birth of my good friend, Sarah's daughter, Sophia Gabriella!! The day couldn't be more perfect!
I have posted about my love of the rosary before, just look in my archives in May and you will see I wrote about it a few times there. (Down on my sidebar quite a way) I love praying the rosary. I love that you can pray it anywhere, anytime. Waiting in line, while (dare I say it) driving, while trying to go to sleep, in Adoration, while walking and of course with your families and friends and neighbors! You can even pray it for people who leave anonymous comments!!

3 comments:

  1. Did you "string" your rosary on anything, or just lay it out? I'm thinking of doing these with the kids in our homeschool group for our May Crowning.

    Thanks for the amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get this....I couldn't find an email for you!

    No, I didn't sting them, the kiddos just counted and ate!

    I did do an edible rosary recently for our Little Crowns group, the kiddos strung fruit loops onto pipe cleaners and ate as we prayed, they made 5 decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this!!! We will be doing this ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!