Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mamma Mia!

"Super Trouper lights are gonna find me..." I've been singing that all morning. I watched this movie last night and it was full of ABBA songs. Which I loved. The songs made the movie. Now, my question is was the play made because of the ABBA songs, or did ABBA make the songs for the play? It was great how they all fit together. Meryl Streep was beautiful. Not a movie for kids since the daughter is trying to find her father out of 3 possible men there is talk of "dot, dot, dot..." Love the songs, have this itch in me to get an ABBA CD. Just fun to sing along.


**little disclaimer: My husband did not, would not, will never watch this, or any other movie like it with people singing and dancing around the whole time. Really, it's ok, my singing along probably would have bothered him, or anyone who would be sitting with me. How could you watch this movie at the theater? I couldn't have. Well, I could have, but I couldn't have watched it without singing along, and the other movie goers might not have liked that. Some movies are made for the DVD.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to see this movie, too. My husband would probably watch it, complete with sighs and eye-rolling. However, it would be kinder of me to watch it when he has an overnight for work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have their greatest hits cd -- it is the ONLY one to own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a big fan of ABBA - got their records and a CD. I probably would have sung along in the theatre also! Haven't seen the movie yet. See, this is the kind of movie we should have a girls night for! We can sing, dance and giggle together - while our husbands go do their silly manly things!

    I am pretty sure the musical came after the songs. Just like "Across the Universe." It is funny how they come together to make a story.

    I was in Sam's club the other day and I started singing along with the overhead music - and all of a sudden realized it was all ABBA music. Finally walked by the table full of this movie's DVDs where they were playing the soundtrack... hello.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!