Friday, December 5, 2008

Take The Quiz!

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Doris!

mm.doris_.jpg

You are a Doris -- "I must help others."

Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.

How to Get Along with Me
  • * Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
  • * Share fun times with me.
  • * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
  • * Let me know that I am important and special to you.
  • * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.

In Intimate Relationships
  • * Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
  • * Reassure me often that you love me.
  • * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.

What I Like About Being a Doris
  • * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
  • * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
  • * being generous, caring, and warm
  • * being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
  • * being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor

What's Hard About Being a Doris
  • * not being able to say no
  • * having low self-esteem
  • * feeling drained from overdoing for others
  • * not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish
  • * criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
  • * being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tume in to them
  • * working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings

Dorises as Children Often
  • * are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism
  • * try hard to please their parents by being helpful and understanding
  • * are outwardly compliant
  • * are popular or try to be popular with other children
  • * act coy, precocious, or dramatic in order to get attention
  • * are clowns and jokers (the more extroverted Dorises), or quiet and shy (the more introverted Dorises)

Dorises as Parents
  • * are good listeners, love their children unconditionally, and are warm and encouraging (or suffer guilt if they aren't)
  • * are often playful with their children
  • * wonder: "Am I doing it right?" "Am I giving enough?" "Have I caused irreparable damage?"
  • * can become fiercely protective

Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz

5 comments:

  1. I was so surprised to see a post from Jamie. And then I saw a Doris Day -- the first I've seen around blogville. I knew you were unique, Jamie, and I always thought Doris Day was so much fun! I know you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly...surprise surprise!

    Fun to see you out and about.

    It is funny how even though you stopped I still like to check in.

    Looks like others still do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My Final Post", my ass.
    Bwuaaaaahhhaaahaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    By the way:

    "...Filmed in Technicolor, "It's a Great Feeling" was aimed at attracting a larger audience for Doris Day, whom the studio was building into their next big star. Ironically, Bette Davis, after 20-years with the studio, was trying desperately to leave and threatened to shut down "Beyond the Forest" unless she was released from her contract. Doris Day had no such problems. She was riding high and had the studio backing that a new star needed to succeed in Hollywood in 1949."

    Hmph. Figgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You WOULD be sunny, happy-go-lucky Doris Day whilst I get brooding, cynical, crazyperson Bette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was Marilyn - the sexpot! Ha! It fit me like a perfect satin glove with boa trim!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!