A friend emailed me this letter and I felt it was important enough to pass on to my readers. The novena starts today, please join me!
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) could be passed by Congress as soon as January 21-22 of 2009. If signed by newly-inaugurated President Obama and made into law, FOCA will remove all limitations on abortion:
1. All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens, American Catholic bishops have vowed to close down Catholic hospitals, more than 30% of all hospitals in the United States.
2. Partial birth abortions will be legal without restriction.
3. All U.S. taxpayers will be forced to fund abortions.
4. Parental notification will no longer be required.
5. The number of abortions will increase by a minimum of 100,000 annually.Perhaps most importantly, the passage of FOCA will place the issue of abortion under government control. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, Down syndrome babies, etc.) and might even regulate how many children women are allowed to have.
Catholics and all Christians must stand as one against this menace. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
The Plan:To say a novena ( nine days of prayer ) with fasting, beginning January 11th. For Catholics, the prayer of choice is the rosary, with the intention to stop FOCA. Non-Catholics are encouraged to pray their strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for nine consecutive days. The hope is that this will branch and blossom to become a global effort with maximum impact. There is very little time so we all must act fast.
Please do three things:
1. Pass this letter to five or more people.
2. Do it in three days or less.
3. Start the novena on January 11th, and pray with fasting for nine consecutive days.
May God bless our efforts.