Monday, March 9, 2009

Changeling



I watched this movie (on DVD) last night. Changeling is about a single working mother in the 1920's, played by Angelina Jolie. This is based on a true story directed by Clint Eastwood. Her son ends missing and the corrupt LA Police Department delivers her the wrong son and tries to convince her he is her son, even though he has shrunk 4 inches and looks completely different. They end up committing her to an insane asylum where she continues to fight for her son and all those the police have hurt. This was a heart wrenching story for any parent, but I really enjoyed it, Angelina Jolie did an excellent job of portraying the feelings and emotions of this woman. It was rated R for violent content (her son is taken away) and language (the insane asylum).

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. Looks like we are getting some snow and a good movie might keep me from the looney-bin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was horrified by this movie. She saw it in the theater and said the story took a sick turn and she left feeling sick to her stomach. A friend of my husband's said the same thing, so we have stayed away from this movie.

    I guess you thought different? I'd be interested in what you thought....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, her child is kidnapped, and even though it was the 1920's bad things still happened. It is a true story. I guess that's what they are talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my oldest son has been wanting to watch this, maybe i'll put it in my netflix queque......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about this movie but hadn't heard much. Thanks for the info. I will have to rent:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!