Friday, August 21, 2009

Update! (For those checking in)

I had my ultrasound late this afternoon (Thursday) and my fluid levels were at 5. Now, 5 is still low, but better than 2.7. My doctor called me shortly after I got home and she told me to be prepared to deliver Monday, if the fluids are 6 or below, she will deliver. If baby stops moving over the weekend, I'm to go into the emergency room.

Just to answer some of the many questions:
I have low amniotic fluid, not fluids in my body. SO, drinking fluids does NOT help. My doctor said it is caused by poor circulation, caused by age (I'm almost 40) My diabetes is under very tight control and baby is healthy. My uterus is not showing any aging or calcium deposits, which is good. She just needs that fluid inside!


Tomorrow (Friday) is Mary Hannah's early birthday party, so I'm just so happy we didn't have to cancel on her, she would have been sooooo disappointed. She's the last birthday of all the children (Sept 2) and has been waiting for what seems forever for "her" birthday! I'm doing a butterfly theme, but not my usual theme party where everything including the food is butterfly. I got Papa Murphy's pizza for lunch and we just have 3 or 4 things planned. I also picked up cupcakes from Sam's club today, so no special butterfly homemade cake, as SHE wanted Sam's cupcakes, not a special cake!! Ok, easy enough for me!! I'll try to post some pictures this weekend, if I get a chance...but I usually do not post on weekends so no promises here! She has wanted a "pilata" for over a year now, so we are doing a butterfly pinata!! She is only having 3 friends, but with our 3 girls, well, it makes a busy enough party!


When I DO go in the hospital, it will be a c-section, so I will be there for 4 days. I will not post from the hospital or probably much afterward, I will be enjoying my baby! I did put Christine in charge of posting a picture of the baby and her weight, etc on here, she will be my guest blogger! Her and her hubby are going to be godparents and I'm pretty sure she uses less explanation points!!!


Thank you so very much for all your prayers and concern, I am truly blessed.

7 comments:

  1. Good information. Happy birthday to the girly girl! Many many more!! I"m praying for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you've got my prayers. Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter! If you are up for it, maybe we'll visit you in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we're checking in!! :) We've gotta know!
    SO glad to hear that your levels are up and that you'll be able to pull off the bday party.
    I'll continue to keep you lifted up in prayer and will be EAGERLY awaiting Christine's post with baby photo and info.
    Blessings to you in your final days!!
    (See, I use A LOT of !!!'s too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am honored to do the post.

    Have a great party for your little girl. I love seeing what other mamas do and the pictures. At least you got a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for you and your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! I will be praying as well! My Michael turns 4 on Sept.2...looks like we have 2 that will have the same or close birthdays! Many, many prayers, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you, Jamie! And happy birthday to your sweet butterfly girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!