Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yearning for Jesus

I love this picture of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. I really can feel those angels there every week, surrounding the chapel, adoring Jesus. Sadly, tonight is my last official night having this holy hour. My hour is from 10-11pm, and I could come with the baby in the fall sometimes, when it gets cold, it just won't work. My babies all stack feed from about 9 to at least midnight and I nurse on demand. I am always available to feed them for that first year or more. I have someone who will take over my hour and give it back when I am ready. It's such a hard thing to give up. I look so forward to my holy hour each week. Jesus keeps me grounded, He gives me peace every week. If you have not gone to Adoration, go! You must! I yearn every week to go. The more you go, the more you want to go. The more Jesus brings you closer to Him. It's grace, it's unexplainable. Daily Mass is the same way, the more you go, the more you want to go, the more you yearn to go. I know Jesus is always there, waiting for us, and I will still go, but, it's somehow special to have your own hour to be with Him every week. I am tearing up typing this right now. It hurts deep inside to give it up.
Here is Mary Hannah, singing with full hand movements to Our lady. She put together a song yesterday that was so beautiful, it was a line from every prayer I think we've ever prayed or sang in church, all put together. I can only imagine God looking down on her, blessing her and all the angels and Mary loving her beautiful song.



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I completely agree about Adoration. I am hoping to get to a more regular schedule after baby comes and I am healed. Perhaps I can slip in while the boys are at soccer practice.

    Is your appointment today? I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jamie. We finally received an open slot for adoration after moving. Our little parish has perpetual and it is FULL. A kind woman heard we were waiting for a slot and she gave hers up to us. Doesn't that make you want to cry?
    We begin this week as you are giving yours up. We will dedicate our time there to you and your family, Jamie until you are able to pick yours back up again.

    The last time I was there, I read aloud a book one of my middles picked off the shelf. It was the Christmas story. I can't even tell you the emotions of reading the story of baby Jesus aloud to my children before Jesus Himself. (I kept thinking, "Oh, man! I hope I am gettin' this right!"
    ;)
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go as a family once a mo. NOT enough but it sure is a wonderful time. Thank you so very much for all the prayers you have said for me there.

    Beautiful little girl. So very very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know what you mean. Even though for our weekly Holy Hour I have all the kids with, we still feel HIM and feel that Peace deep in our souls (even when the 3 yr old is wanting me to read just one more Saint's book or kneel at the kneeler for the 10th time in 5 mins!
    It's a sacrifice to give up that time with Him, but He will bless you for wanting to still go. You should stop in and see Him here and there before it gets too cold to bring baby.
    Beautiful post on Adoration, on my sweet, dear Godchild's song to the Blessed Mother, and on your priceless pictures of the kids' homeschooling each other. Pull the pictures out on a hard day and remember these sweet times...
    Much love and prayers,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie, this is beautiful! No chance of bringing baby with you? It would be a great place for the baby to adore Jesus with you, and for Jesus to look down with love on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do plan to bring baby with me, but not in the winter, remember we live in Minnesnowta!! It's pretty hard to take a little baby out at night in the winter!! SO not having a set hour will just work better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!