Monday, October 5, 2009

Sweetie Pie's Baptism!

She slept through the whole Mass and Baptism!
Also, the Feast of St Francis and Respect Life Sunday! The perfect day to be Baptized!
She was baptized with 2 other sweet little baby girls.
See Christine's husband peeking around Tom?

Christine and her hubby are Sweetie Pie's godparents, isn't she blessed?
(I don't think Christine wants her hubby's name in blogworld, so I won't post it!)
This day was also Jedi's first day serving, but mama did NOT get a picture!! I wanted to,but didn't want to make him more nervous and I wasn't sure if taking a picture during Mass would be disrespectful or not? So, hopefully next time I will get a picture of him. When he processed in with Father, I started bawling and every time I looked at him, sitting so piously on the altar, I started tearing up. Proud moment. Proud day.
Lots of cake to be had. Dumb me, I forgot to cut the cake until people were starting to leave, and one of Christine's boys asked me about it....oops!! I totally forgot about the cake!!
New hair styles were made!
Sweet girls all around
Wild, crazy boys all around, with Christine's boys, there were 5 boys!! I have to admit, we know a lot of girl families! And mysteriously, there were some dings/holes going all the way downstairs to our basement....boys!!
Sleeping babes
(this is my good friend, sister, but not my sister, Sarah and her sweet baby Sophia)
Crying babes
(after sleeping all morning, this was pretty much Sweetie Pie the rest of the day!)
Lots of kiddos!
Lots of food!
(that's one thing at my get-togethers, there is never a shortage of food!)
Christine's idea of a fruit salad! Cute, huh?
The kids liked it....
The salad she talked about on her blog, that I made is on my cooking blog here.
All in all, it was a beautiful, blessed day!
And this is one pooped out mama, who doesn't care if the whole house is a total mess and the floor needs scrubbing today...it can wait til tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH...Thanks for posting your salad. I need that recipe.

    OH MAN...those crazy boys. They are very different then girls. I noticed mine were chasing around with guns. Usually legos gets them to settle down.

    It was a fun day and do not worry about the cleaning. That will come. Relax and enjoy that sweet baby. She will grow up fast ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jamie!!! I so enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of your precious baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "salad" is a riot!!!

    Y'all look so fantastic!

    Congratulations and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all you! And welcome, little Sweetie Pie, into the Catholic Church! Yeah!!! What a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! LUVed seeing and reading all of this. What a blessed and beautiful day and event.

    Welcome Bridget Mary to the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Great pictures! Love Christine's salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Church, Sweetie Pie! What great pictures, Jamie! Alex's baptism is on the 18th...I'm getting tired thinking of the planning already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing Jamie. Looks like a truly blessed day, surrounded by family and friends. Sweetie Pie looks just precious on her big day. Your family photo looks great too...how cute you all are (looking great mama!!). It was great to see Sarah and her little one too. And the food!! Yummy.
    Looks like you celebrated well and everyone looks happy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful day, beautiful Sacrament, beautiful baby, beautiful friends!!
    We all had such a GREAT time - the kids are still talking about it (only NO one is talking about what those mysterious dings in the wall were from! - I'm so sorry to hear that something got damaged!!)
    Hope you are rested a little - have my sweet new friend Christine come over and scrub your floor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jamie,
    What a beautiful blessed day for Sweetie Pie! Thanks for sharing the Great Event...welcome to the Faith, little one. God's blessings upon the whole family.
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is the recipe you wanted from the party - hope you don't mind me posting it on here. Everyone has enjoyed it, so many some of your readers would like to make some on these cold days!

    Cheeseburger Dip

    2 lbs Hamburger
    2 lbs Velteeta
    1 can tomato soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 pkg tortilla chips

    Brown hamburger. Drain and mix in taco seasoning. Put into crockpot along with the soups and cubed up cheese. Heat until bubbly and delicious! Dip the chips in and watch it disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweetie pie looks so relaxed...like she knows she's becoming a catholic! what a darling baby girl you've got there jaimie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and can't wait to come back and look around some more.

    Our 4th daughter is a Bridget Mary! I had to comment when I read the name on the cake!

    In Her Heart,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!