Monday, December 7, 2009

God Is So Amazing

Saturday, my 69 year old aunt died.
Saturday, my good friend Sarah's, 90 some year old grandfather died.
Saturday, a friend had a baby girl, a sweet, precious baby girl!



I'm amazed at how BIG our Lord is. Look at all these major life changing events. They all happened very close to eachother. It's too much for my mind to even grasp. God is in control of it all. Lives ending, new life coming forth. So many prayers going up to Heaven.



Thank you for your prayers for my aunt's soul. She died in a state of grace, wearing a scapular, surrounded by her family. She had 9 children (2 are in heaven). I keep thinking about how much her children's lives are so changed now, how yesterday, we celebrated the feast of St Nicholas and went and got a tree, but they won't be doing that now, if at all, instead they will be planning a funeral. And missing their mom.


I have lots of aunts, and feel close to all of them. (my dad had 7 sisters) I keep tearing up every time I think of her and what her kids are going through now.


Eternal rest grant unto her oh, Lord,
and let Perpetual Light shine upon her.
May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You are still in my prayers, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and praying for you, your Aunt, and her family!

    Much love and hugs to you!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!