Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Movies and Food!

This is one of my all time favorite movies! I found it last week, while Christmas shopping and picked up one for me and one for someone on my list!

Pizza Ranch has become our new favorite restaurant! Salad for mommy and pizza, chicken fries, dessert, you name it, they have everything kiddos like (daddy too). Notice how when you have kids, you tend to eat at places you'd probably not eat at....like Old Country Buffet? Gosh, I really only like the salad there, but the kiddos LOVE that place!
I watched this movie this past weekend. I was disappointed. It was ok. It was good, I guess. I was expecting so much more after hearing so much about it from other bloggers and friends. I did love Meryl Streep as Julia Child, she did such a great job. I did kind of want to go cook something afterward....kind of...
The blogging part was pretty funny and pretty true...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,
    I second the Pizza Ranch thing! I have a friend who does inspections and he said all Pizza Ranch kitchens he has been in for ND and MN are immaculate!
    That's good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Truman Show is one of my favorite movies as well! Have you ever heard Christopher West speak about this movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We dont go out to eat too often. Last night we did after adoration. We always go to space aliens. Free food for the kiddos! And tokens. Brian and I get to talk! IT WAS SO COLD!

    I ate greasy food it really upset my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to know what Christopher West said about the Truman Show. Please do tell!

    I like it, too.

    Hated the Julie/Julia book on so many levels, so I have avoided the film. Not even remotely interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's another Jamie out there!! I'm not the one who left the Christopher West comment, but am also interested!

    I'll have to change my blog name to Jamie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if nothing else, that movie made me want to cook. and eat. and cook some more.

    ps. got your sweet Christmas card. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!