Friday, June 18, 2010

Tour My Garden and Father's Day

Well, you know I must start my tour with my mailbox!! If you are a new reader, I love mailboxes! I love how our mailboxes are something we all go to, kids fight to go to, everyone gets excited about the mail, so, I love the story our mailboxes tell. Anyway, this year, I'm adding some perennials, daisies and some purple thing, but still planted morning glories to grow up the post, I also planted zinnias in the front. It looks like weeds now and, well, it is, but there are also some zinnia seedlings coming up! Come August it will be a beauty. (I hope)
Will you show me your mailbox?

This statue always reminds Babycakes to stop to pray.
Such a beautiful sight. This sweet, innocent, babe praying to our Blessed Mother.
I have roses growing in the back. I can't take any credit for these. I have never done anything to these, actually I never even water them and they bloom literally til November!!!
I have some wild yarrow growing in my iris's.
These wild flowers keep popping up in our backyard, the girls call it their garden and love to look at them every day.
My daisies are just starting to open up, come on sun, shine so my daisies can bloom!
(it's been pretty rainy this week in MN)
Daylilies are blooming, when the deer aren't eating the buds off.

That's it for now....more to come and now on to Father's day!
Daddy told the kiddos that he'd like another tee with all their handprints and Mama was listening. I don't even think Babycakes was born the last time we made him a tee!
Sweetie Pie is too small for hands, so we do feet for babes.
I got this great tee at Wal-Mart so all we had to do was add the hands!! Later, I added their names and ages in black.

Happy Father's day to you all this weekend.
Thank You God for my father and for the father of my children and for all of our blessed priests.
I'm taking a break from blogging, but will be back in a couple weeks!
God bless you all!

5 comments:

  1. I love the shirt! We may have a project today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see your morning glories are about where mine are. After seeing how well Tracy's were doing I started to worry. Guess we're just a little further north and things are slower.

    Love the tee for daddy! He's gonna love it.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a similar shirt like that on a Walmart "Super Cool Daddy-O" shirt. We did some hands and baby feet around the chest and penned "We've left our marks on Daddy's heart!" Been a long time...wonder if I could get the big boys to do another? :) Thanks, as always, for your inspiration.

    Your flowers look so lovely. I am so not good at watering...

    Enjoy your surroundings this weekend, the beauty of your home and family life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great vacation!

    Love your flowers! Wondering how your garden is doing? Deer eat it up?

    Great dad tshirt. so sweet. He is a blessed daddy.

    christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat shirt! And I love all your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!