Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Saints Day Party and Halloween

The kiddos lined up before the party.
Confession here to make:
I threw these together in about 45 minutes.
It was a busy day and I knew I had the gowns in our Saints box so it's all about props and accessorizing to make the gown become a Saint's outfit.
We had St Juan Diego with us
St Kateri Takakwitha
St Clare

And Mary, the Mother of God (for the 3rd year in a row)

Oh, and our live, "still a Saint", St Bridget saying here, "What the heck are these guys doing?"

Our local Catholic Homeschool Group has a wonderful All Saints party every year, complete with a play, litany of Saints, potluck and games, oh, and lots of candy.
Can you find 4 of my kiddos in this picture?
And lots of Saints!
We couldn't even fit everyone in the picture!
That boy in the middle would be mine, yelling "Hooray!" when it was time to stop taking pictures and go play games!
Onto Halloween.....Kiddos counting candy!
Remember when you were a kid? Wasn't the first thing you did when you got home from
Trick or Treating, counting your candy? Lining it all up to see what you got doubles of?
This is Susie (the friend, I think is just too cool to be friends with me, but she is anyway)
I tried 4 times to get little Sam to look up and smile, but he just couldn't take his eyes off the candy long enough!

The night was an exciting night, and all I got for pictures of Karate kid Mary Hannah was this blurry one of her with her Princess friend Annalise.
It was too cold for our Ballerina, so, she went as a crocodile instead. Much much warmer.




I love home-made costumes. I love the creativity of them. This is our Spanish Conquistador. (he studied them in History this past month) We had 2 teen boys come to our home dressed in boxes, they were robots. Those costumes were great!!

It's a beautiful day here in MN, we are off this afternoon to our graveyard, behind our home, through the woods and up the hill, to celebrate All Souls Day and pray for the Poor Souls.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my home and within my family, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. What great cosumes! It's so fun to see everyones saints!

    We'll be headed to the cemetary to pray for the Poor Souls today, too.

    Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great pictures. Thanks Jamie for an awesome display.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the Saints.

    I see my cousins little girl in the front row(group pic)...HI there baby girl!

    Homemade Costumes are the best. I agree.

    I made the mummy that Colette wore.

    I try to never buy one.


    Jedi looks great!

    No wonder Sams club was out of aluminum foil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!