Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving!

As flowers carry dewdrops, trembling on the edges of the petals, and ready to fall at the first waft of the wind or brush of bird, so the heart should carry its beaded words of thanksgiving. At the first breath of heavenly flavor, let down the shower perfumed with the heart's gratitude.
-Henry Ward Beecher
I am so very thankful for my rich, Catholic faith.
For my wonderful husband
For these 5 beautiful, healthy, active children
For my newly painted stairway....
Bathroom...(not finished with pictures yet) I love babies in tubs and sinks, so I need to gather pictures of the kiddos and frame them and put those up in here, along with some fish...
Living room before
Living room after. (It looks more yellow here, but it's actually more a gold-ish color)

Thankful for babies in the sink...did I tell you I like babies in the sink?
(well, I don't leave them there! I just like to give them baths there!)
For Christ the King
Feast day celebrated Sunday....
With store bought cupcakes and added crowned M&M's!
I'm thankful for Advent....which is just around the corner.
I've been saving these tin cans to wrap and put something inside for each day until Christmas.
Just not sure yet what.
Happy Blessed Thanksgiving everyone!!!

9 comments:

  1. We've got so very much to be thankful for, don't we? You've got a beautiful family, JamieJo...

    Love the new living room color - its so warm and inviting!!

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH LOVE the new paint...especially the gold living room.

    Your house seems so clean! I do not know how you do it. I still am cleaning and have the whole bsmt yet destroyed.

    I am thankful for babies in the sink too. We are so lucky to have little ones...so so blessed.

    Ava is just starting to like her baby doll. So sweet.

    Have a SUPER DUPER Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jamie. I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving filled with all the blessings the holiday brings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss babies in my sink!! I do get to stick my grandson on mine sometimes. :) We used plain chocolate chips for our crown cupcakes- I like the M&Ms.

    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Jamie Jo. I hope you and your family have a very blessed thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, you and your sweet family are so very special. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel just to see the smiling faces of all your family and I really enjoyed the tour of your lovely home. We all have so much to be thankful for begining with our faith. Where would we be without it. I hope you and your family experience the best Thanksgiving ever.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a framed picture in my bathroom of all five of my boys as babies in the bathtub. I used light blue scrapbook paper with bubbles on them and then put a pic of each of the boys as babies on it. There are four different pictures of them in the tub or sink, and they are all embellished with cute scrapbook bath stuff. My one little guys is in a duck ring and has little ducks in the tub. There is a cute yellow duck embellishment I added to his pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!

    Much to be thankful for indeed!

    You managed to find a quote that I missed and it is lovely!

    God bless your Thanksgiving, friend. I am grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you like French Vanilla Cafe?
    Just kidding. That's a load of it, yeah?

    Happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!