Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Christ Child

I've been reading a few different blogs lately. You see, I've been up with sick kiddos coughing and myself coughing. On the nights that I've been coughing, I've gone to the computer and blog hopped.

I started here. I am amazed at all this woman has done for the orphans close to her heart. My heart aches for her and for all the orphans she speaks of.

I then went here. Oh, my goodness has their lives changed over the past few years. It is so wonderful seeing all the good these people are doing. Caring, loving, compassionate people. Called to care for Gods children. They adopted a special needs girl with a heart defect and brought her home, took her in as their own and loved her, and she ended up dying, but knowing she was loved. Isn't that what Blessed Mother Theresa would want us to do? Love until it hurts? They loved and gave this little girl their hearts. Their reward will be great in Heaven.

Her blog led me to this site.
I'd like to see you try to look at those beautiful faces here and not cry. (scroll down the page to see the faces)

I've been contemplating what God wants me to do. I've been contemplating why would God allow this to happen? I've been contemplating why so many people call themselves "Pro-life", including myself, yet really do nothing with the lives that live. There are millions of children all around the world that have been given life. Their mother kept them, she did not abort them. Although, we do not know their individual stories, they are all orphaned and they are all left in orphanages, not loved the way God wants them loved. I know God loves them and believes them to be special, He wants them in Heaven with Him someday. That's why they were created, to be with Him someday.

I really believe they are there for us. For other people to be tested in a way by God. What will we do? Did we feed the hungry? Did we clothe the naked? Did we Love all of Gods children?

The way I understand it, the "imperfect" children (the ones with Downs Syndrome or any birth defects) are placed in orphanages until they are 5 years old when, they are then institutionalized, basically thrown away, locked into a crib for the rest of their lives.

Excuse me while I go puke.

I am sick to my stomach.

I feel so helpless.

Why were we given so much?

What does God want us to do about it?
Donate?
Pray?
Adopt?
We live in a world where people have 2 homes and 2 cars, we eat in excess, we never do without. At least that is the way the world seems.


I am sick about the whole adoptive system. There are people who want to adopt, but the costs are outrageous. Why is this? Why make it so hard to adopt? The waiting children in our own country are free.

I have no answers.

I just wanted to get it out there.
I want people to know, as we go about our busy days planning our next holiday party and finish up our Christmas to-do lists, there are children out there, real children who don't even really know what Christmas is.

Can you say some prayers for them?

I think my feeling that aching feeling in my heart and sick feeling in my stomach shows we are all ONE BODY. ONE BODY IN CHRIST. We are all connected by God. When one hurts, we all hurt.

Christmas is Christ coming to us as a child. Maybe it is as these precious children.
The Christ Child, come as orphan children.

from Advent and Christmas with Fulton J. Sheen
today:

The Coronation of Childhood
There is no escape from the tremendous fact of Christmas day, that when God revealed himself to this poor world of ours, men cried in astonishment: "Why, it is a child?" And so it is that the closer we get to God the more we become children, and the closer God gets to us the more he becomes a child. No one in the world ever suspected that the Ancient of Days who presided at creation would take his throne in that creation as a babe in a crib, just as no one ever thought he would tell the old men of forty, like Nicodemus, that they must be born again.

According to all worldly standards, it is the aged who are learned. And yet when Wisdom came to earth he was a child and when Wise Men came to Wisdom they were told to be like children. Christmas, then, is the coronation of childhood, the glorification of the young whose hearts are simple, the proclamation to aging hearts that the world need not despair and die, because the Fountain of Youth has come into it to...turn time backward, make old things young again.
-In The Fullness of Time



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thoughtful, heartfelt post, Jamie. Thanks for sharing. And inspiring.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big AMEN to your post Jamie. All needed to be said.
    About the coughing. I saw an email today that caught my attention. It is about Vicks Vapo Rub. There was a study about how using Vicks Vapo Rub on the soles of your feet or your childrens feet, putting socks on and getting relief almost instantly. Something about the sensitivity of the soles of your feet. Don't know if it is actually true but like the email said, all you have to loose is the cough.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Sheen quote. Might have to post it myself.

    Advent blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Man..sorry to hear there is some bug making the mama and kiddos cough.

    Ava is just getting over her snotty nose.

    It would be so hard to be a kiddo and have no family.

    Christ is working through those wonderful ladies.

    God Bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jamie,
    I know my friend always puts vicks on her children's feet even the baby. I use a children's verion that isn't as powerful and smells so lovley it is Baby Balsum(sp) put out by vicks too.

    I hear this post and I am so sad. I too have thought about adoption, but seriously becasue of the cost it is way our of our relm of possibility.
    My heart feels but the money etc makes it too hard
    Hope you feel better soon
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!