Friday, January 21, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Volume 2)

Thanks Jen, I'm going to try this again. I'm probably disqualified, though, because I'm not so quick on the "quick" part.

-1-
I'm feeling down and on the verge of tears today.
(and I've lost my patience with my kiddos because of it)
I've been working out for 3 solid weeks now (Sat will be).
I'm talking 6 days a week, for 50 minutes, including strength training.
Now this is 100% more than I was doing before 3 weeks ago.
I am still following Weight Watchers and counting every point.
My weigh in day is Monday, but I sneaked a peek today and I was up
Yes, I said "UP"!
5 lbs
I immediately fell to my knees.
(well, I got off the scale and went to the chair first)
I thanked God for this cross and begged Him to help me with it.
(I need to go to Adoration, I need to run to Jesus)
I will keep doing it.
I feel better and getting up early has so many rewards, we are finishing school a little earlier
and the day just goes better.
I told my husband
His response was wonderful, he said, "I think you are awesome the way you are!"
But
I don't feel awesome and this is not me.
I'm inside here wanting the real me on the outside.

-2-
One more picture of my dolly and my baby
All this doll talk really has me thinking (my last few posts)
I'm understanding why people buy those American Girl dolls.
I'm not going to buy any, but I understand.
It reminded me of when we bought Jedi the DS for Christmas last year,
how he never even suspected something so big and expensive.
It was never even a thought to ask for such an expensive gift.
The look on his face was priceless when he opened it,
He was shocked and the first thing he said was,
"But this is too expensive, you can't give me this."
He's such a sweet and sensitive boy and I'm so thankful for him.
I think the American Dolls are probably like that for parents and their daughters.

-3-
Snow Mountains!!
Wednesday there was not much windchill and the temp was a hardy 3 degrees,
so during and after Band,
I parked the van in the parking lot and
We
played on the mountains!!!
(you gotta click on the pictures for a better view!)

It was sooooooo fun!!!
Little Sweetie Pie didn't make it very long, it was way too cold for her,
so, my friend Susie and I traded kiddos and I took a couple of hers out with us and she kept
Sweetie Pie inside!


We are SOOOOOO doing this next week when the high is supposed to be 20!!

-4-
No Snow Mountains today!
This morning it was 19 below zero, 19 BELOW!!
All our windows had this heavy frost on them!
As I type this the temp has risen to 8 below zero.

-5-
I got a new cookbook at Sam's Club last week (only $9.99)
This one was a keeper, everyone loved it.
(except me, I don't care for meatballs)
Meatball Calzones

-6-
Sock Balls.
We have lots of sock balls,
and sleeve balls,
and pants leg balls.
I'm willing to bet you have these kind of balls too.
As seen above in #5 we also have
Meatballs.
This picture is for Barbara!


-7-
No picture for this number?
I know, shocking.
Dance TV
That's what we've been doing a lot during this terrible cold weather.
Channel 859
Direct TV
Music only TV, no picture.
We dance and dance, it's great!!!
If you are still with me after this looooong "quick" takes,
Have a wonderful weekend, stay warm and snuggle up with those you love!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie, Don't get discouraged from all your working out. You probably just gained muscle mass. Muscle is heavier than fat- and the more you have, the higher your metabolism-I'm sure you know that. I'm sure you'll be losing weight in no time! and your husband is right, you are beautiful just the way you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged. Even if you weight is not done, all the exercise you are doing will benefit you and your children! You will see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to second the comment that muscle is three times heavier than fat! So you probably just gained muscle from the strength training! I'm sure you will start losing soon! Your dedication is amazing and you are a great mom! I have followed your blog for a while but rarely comment. But I have been meaning to send you a message to ask about repeat csections. I just had my first one (second baby)! Hope you and your family have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie Jo, I am so sorry you had that experience and from hearing similar experiences from lady friends at work loosing weight is harder for women than it is for men. I know how you feel because I feel the same way and would dearly love it if I could loose 25 lbs. You are a beautiful person Jamie in more ways than just looks so hang in there and know I am pulling for you. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and have an awesome weekend.
    Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooooo beautiful! I certainly understand your frustration!

    The calzones look great...was going to make pasta and meatballs for dinner...that may change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, I, too, was going to comment on muscle weighing more than fat! You go, girl! (I really need to get my heart rate up once in a while. I'm proud of you!)

    Also, I hate sock balls, and sleeve balls, and inside out laundry. (But I do like meatballs.) My mom used to tell us she'd wash our clothes the way we left them -- if we put them in the laundry inside out, they'd come out of the laundry inside out, and sock balls take longer to dry and would often still be damp. We learned quickly. Maybe I need to try this with my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It probably is muscle you gained. I also think you are perfect just the way you are. I would lub your hair. My hair is so stupid I cut my bangs.

    Those snow mountains look like a lot of fun.

    I enjoy all the pics. since I am a visual person.

    Seems like I am hanging out with you when pics. are included.

    stay warm.
    I got really sick friday night. Horrible chills and stomach ache. Not this sat. I am still lounging in my pjs and working on my photo albums. Almost caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jamie

    You wanna hear my body complaints? I grew up "stick thin", had one of those bodies that never gained weight, yet I looked unhealthy. I would be questioned all the time what I ate and IF I ate (yes, I did. Quite a lot actually.)I even was approached by a anorexic advocate who was visiting our high school. Then I get married and have four babies, get split stomach muscels and now, even though I am not pregnant, I ALWAYS look pregnant! I have always thought of people who claim to be over-weight--at least they can lose that--but me, this stomach will always look pregnant!

    This is supposed to be light-hearted by the way, but it doesn't seem to be sounding that way.

    My point is, it could be worse!

    I hope you feel better, I do understand your discouragement. The devil works in our emotions, taking advantage in any way that he can to make us feel bad about ourselves. I think you said it best when you said "I thanked the Lord for this cross"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep...Muscle Mass! Weighs more...just keep up the fantastic work and I am sure that you will begin to lose that weight that you want to ! No matter what...you will FEEL better by keeping up the excercise and making it become a habit. When your body is used to the consistancy of diet and excercise the pounds and inches will come off. I do have to say, though, Jamie ...you are one of the most lovely women I know! Both inside AND out!I agree with your hubby...you are beautiful!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jamie, I need to tell you that you have motivated me to begin a regular exercise program!
    I received today the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection (4 complete workouts on one dvd) - all because of YOU!!

    Don't get discouraged! Everyone hits plateaus in their weight loss. Remember that you benefit from exercise even on those weeks when the pounds don't just fall off...

    Thank you, you wonderful lady! Keep up the great work!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, keep doing the workouts! Muscles are being built first - always a GOOD thing!!! You can do this, J!!! Prayers, love, and hugs!!!!

    Your kids are cute as buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're doing a good thing for your health. I too immediately thought muscle weight, too.

    Perhaps God's lesson here is not to place your satisfaction on your outside or a scale? Offer your hardwork and the health it will bring to those who are sick. You are beautiful and certainly have the discipline I wish I had.

    God's helping you lift a different weight from your shoulders....

    Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!