Friday, June 3, 2011

Babycakes AKA Colette's 5th Birthday!!

 5 is so fun!
She wanted a Butterfly birthday, so I decided to make these cupcakes....
 They look pretty messy here, and they were quite a bit of work...like a few hours between making supper and taking care of little Sweetie Pie....
 First I melt these vanilla flavored colored discs for the wings....
 I found out that Sweetie Pie can reach quite a bit on her tippy toes now....
(look at that guilty look....mmmmmm.....mmmmmmm, she's saying)
She reached up and grabbed my first cupcake and it fell onto her face then onto the floor!!
If I did those "funny, happy, real" things, this would have to be "funny" and "happy" and "real"!!
 The finished product was not quite as nice as the magazine showed....but they were pretty anyway.
The magazine didn't need toothpicks to hold up their wings!

 She woke up to a bike in the kitchen!!
I always blow up lots (and lots and lots) of balloons on their birthdays, and they always seem surprised, it's so fun!  We also had (and still have) butterflies hanging all over the kitchen.
We still haven't done the butterfly craft I have planned....we will get to that soon...
It's been a busy week.
 Hugs all around for everyone!  She is so full of love and hugs and kisses.
She is just a loving little girl, so innocent and sweet and always so full of love and fun!
(remind me to read this when I'm trying to get her to pick up toys and she's laying on the floor limp and unable to move)
 We went to the Minnesota Zoo on her birthday!
It was the perfect day, sunny, about 73 degrees and we met Grandma and Grandpa there!



 Thanks to Grandpa's scooter, Daddy didn't have to carry her!!
There's quite a bit of walking at the zoo!
 She still was pretty pooped out on the ride home....This is probably what I looked like in the front!
Home for "Gnomeo and Juliet" (a movie) and cupcakes....oh, and her birthday meal?
by her request:
hot dogs
&
ABC soup
No problem!!
God bless you my sweet girl!!
I love you so much!!

8 comments:

  1. Awww! Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl!!

    Those cupcakes are super cute and look delicious! I'll have to remember the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love the cupcakes! As a Mom of boys, I never did anything with butterflies - and look what I missed! It sounds like you made a beautiful day for a beautiful girl - and a great memory too!

    ~Peace,

    LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cupcakes!!! Happy birthday to your sweet little one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sweet Colette. I remember when your mama was in church and I looked over and she was rubbing her tummy with you in it. rub rub rub.
    You have always had a sweet spot in my heart. I imagine you are never ever naughty. My my you have grown up fast.

    My Colette had a "pink" party when she turned five. We spray painted all of our hair pink...even our guinea pig had pink hair. I did a pink panther cake. So much fun celebrating five. OH and she got a new bike too. Hope you enjoy yours!

    Fun times at the zoo. I wanna go. Brian says it must be a girl thing.

    Happy Birthday Colette...God Bless you always.

    ps. I love the baby marker..SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Babycakes from Odie in NC. You make me feel so good with your sweet smile. I thought the butterfly cupcakes were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcakes are adorable! The zoo sounds like fun ... it looked like the weather was beautiful. Our 5yo's are getting so big; the years really do go fast. Happy Birthday to Colette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes are the coolest. They do look like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your sweetie!! I love the cupcakes!!

    Her Butterfly theme birthday reminded me of the sweet package you sent me years ago, after my oldest daughter made her Butterfly Lap Book! I still have some of the craft directions that you sent!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!