Monday, October 17, 2011

Remembering Father Darin Didier

 We went "half way" between Fargo and where we live and met up with good friends.
We decided to meet at Father Darin Didier's gravesite.
He died of cancer just 6 years ago, shortly after being ordained to the priesthood. 
 His memorial site is here.
If you click on "petitions" you can scroll down and actually hear his voice praying all 20 mysteries of the rosary, it's truly beautiful and brought tears to my eyes, just hearing his voice again.
I did write my petitions there, but it has not been updated yet.
Darin was a friend of ours.
He was really good friends with my friend Sarah.
Mary Hannah was a baby when he was ordained and received his powerful first priestly blessing, 
as did I.
A few months later, he passed away.
You'd never even know he was suffering, he hid it and carried his cross.
There have been miracles and healings around his gravesite and through his intercession.
We love this baby I'm carrying, and no matter what accept God's will.
But
being Father's grave was so close,
 I, as a mother, had to go.

 His parents have 2 of these marble/stone benches with a petition container in between them, 
holding holy oil, prayer cards and a petition book.
We all signed the book and prayed some prayers asking God to heal my baby through
Father Didier's intercession.
It was definitely holy ground we were on
Many Masses have been said there at his grave.
Priests from all over the world have been there.
 We let the kiddos play there for a couple hours, 
Ballerina Rosie has the magic touch with sweet little Juliette here.
 Eva and my Colette...can you guess which one is older?
My daughter is 9 months younger!!
 I love how no matter how long it's been between our meetings
 The kiddos are just like Sarah and I,
picking up where we left off
We had a picnic and found this great tree at a local park
This is the only picture I got all 9 out of 10 kiddos in (Sarah has the baby)
What a great tree!
Sarah and have one of those "sisters in Christ" friendships, 
I will treasure forever.
Father Darin Didier, Pray for us.

13 comments:

  1. Jamie

    This is so weird that you wrote this (and I mean that in a good way, if possible).

    I learned about Fr.Darin through a complete stranger who has been praying for me (she learned of my situation through a friend of a friend.) I guess she prays for me every day, even though she has never met me.

    Anyway, one day last week or the week before, my mom handed me a picture of Fr.Darin along with a handwritten note that said, "Please give this to Becky. I have been praying for her and feel very strongly that she should pray to Fr.Darin during her pregnancy."

    I had no idea who he was, (read a little of his history on the back of the picture) and didn't pay much mind at first. But throughout the days, I have thought of this lady's words and have taken her advice; I now pray to Fr.Darin every day for his intercession and protection--and have felt a strong friendship growing! So I'm so happy that you wrote this post, it helps me understand him better and I'm more motivated to pray for his help more than ever.

    And you too should pray to him! I'm sure you already do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, touching post. He sounds like such a courageous, loving man. I'm glad you shared about him so I could learn a little of his life.

    Your day sounds like so much fun- the pics were wonderful and you are looking great! Not too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect place to meet! Fr. Darin entered my life for a time, but it was short. His prayer card is still in my bible and we've stopped at his gravesite to visit too.

    What a blessed visit I bet that was for you and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thank you for "introducing" me to Fr. Darin. I am so glad you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great! And just look at all Those poor deprived unsocialized homeschoolers. They sure Don't look like They're having Any fun at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky!! I think it's a sign, keep praying!! Wow, I tell you, we have so much in common!

    Shelly- funny you say that,because I had to hold myself back from describing myself as the big pregnant cow next to Sarah. I get big everywhere. But thank you! Fr. Darin was a very couragous, loving man. I'm honored to have known him.

    Sarah, if my Fargo Sarah couldn't have made it, we were going to call you to come meet us!! We should sometime!!

    Thanks Jenny!

    Yes, Beth, our poor kiddos, they don't even know how to have fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jamie,

    I just wanted to write to tell you how much I admire you. I happened upon your blog a few months back while searching for some information on multiple c-sections and I have to say that you are a true inspiration to me. I've had three children by cesarean and would really love another if God allows. The trust you put in God and your faith in His plan for you and your family is beautiful and truly encouraging to me and I'm sure so many others. I'll keep you and your sweet baby in my prayers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you Laura! God bless you!
    If you are healthy everything should be fine. My doctor always says, while she's sewing me up (or stapling me) that "everything looks fine", I always think that's my go-ahead and there should be no reason to not have any more kiddos. (of course after healing and waiting a year or so to heal completely) The danger though, with multiple C's is all that scar tissue, and the placenta attaching to that, they always look for that in the ultrasounds, to make the placenta is in the back. If that were to happen, there would be a good chance of hemoraging and having to have a hysterectomy.

    So far so good. Hopefully it will be the same for you. I'll pray for you too. thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!

    Get as many saints on the case as possible, I always say!

    I am praying for you and the babe every day. It's my pleasure and duty as your friend and friend in Christ! God works in mysterious ways!!!

    I love that God has blessed me with a few friends in Christ. It really is a blessing - and, I think it's a blessing to be aware of it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and holy story to go with your Godly friendship too. Love all of those kids in that neat tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH...how neat you got to go to see his grave. I remember you told me about him.

    Looks like you gals had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Jamie! Hope all is well with you & yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Sweet Sister in Christ!
    What a wonderful day and what a wonderful friendship we share! You look beautiful (I'm the one with extra baby weight hanging on :)
    and we were SO happy to finally get together! The kids had a blast and I got to feel baby-bump!

    So glad for the powerful intercession of Fr. Darin and the chance to go to his gravesite with you. I really felt called to bring you there! I knew him to be a good and kind man way before he became a priest.

    One miracle I wanted to share happened at his gravesite to a very good friend of mine. She had developed and was suffering from documented Bell's Palsy where one side of her face was paralyzed and her throat/tongue had just been affected. Eating and swallowing were becoming impossible.

    She had heard about Fr. D's powerful intercession and made the trip. As she was praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, she felt a warm sensation in her face.

    She was totally healed and drove home! (she was unable to drive due to her eye involvment)

    She tells everyone she knows about Fr. D's powerful intercession! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!