Friday, October 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday (on Friday)

Maybe I should just call these posts "Thankful" since I'm always a day late (and a dollar short)
I found somewhere another Thankful Thursday thing, but I'm sticking with mine, no signing up, or linking, just enjoy and remember to be thankful for the little things!  I first saw "Thankful Thursday" posts about 3 or 4 years ago, starting in the fall, leading up to Thanksgiving (which is on a Thursday).   I liked it and decided to keep it up.  I enjoy how it keeps me thinking throughout the week about things, I can be thankful for, even in the thick of things.  (You know, 5 kids, pregnancy yucks, laundry, messes, etc...)  At the end of the week, the thankful things far outweigh the struggles we have.

Here goes:

 Thankful for littles and middles who still like to do Art with me!
 Thankful for Friday French Toast!
(I always use cinnamon bread, which makes it really good. I've never used plain bread)
 Thankful for Elmo toddlers jumping on the bed!
She loves Elmo, it's really cute.
Thankful she is better today, yesterday she had some kind of flu, 
throwing up and coming out the other end too, and only wanted mama, all day.
(which is why this is on Friday, this week)
 Thankful for girls in curls....
 funny girls in curls.....
 for girls who want curls....
 and big girls who let me braid their hair once in a while...
 Thankful for boys....with 4 screaming girls, do I need to say more?
 Thankful for blooms in October....
 Thankful for little moochers....
 and big brothers who give in...
 Thankful for puzzle messes....
 Baby tummies (lower part of picture)
My tummy bumps into things all the time now, this was not taken on purpose, it just got in the way!
and pictures with arrows (I doodle arrows too, wonder why?)
 Thankful for girls in PINK!
 Thankful for 5 year old Kindergartners that can READ!!!!!
 I took her words from her handwriting and put them into a book,
she was so excited to actually read them!!
 Thankful for schooling on the porch this past week, with highs around 80...
Those days are gone I'm afraid,  
but I'm thankful for that too...cooler days are great, us Minnesotans want our fall!
Thankful for meeting half way and seeing good friends this past week, 
More on this in the next post, 
It needs it's own special post.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
God bless you all!

Thankful Thursdays
A time to remember to be thankful
A pause in the week for praise,
thanksgiving and thinking positively
in addition to the normal daily praise
we need to give God.

8 comments:

  1. No matter our circumstances, there are always things to be thankful for. I love that you remind us of this. Love your fall colors! We only get summer, mid-summer, deep summer, and a little tiny winter here, so seeing other place's fall glory is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are SO beautiful! Your family looks like one that we would love to know :) And we're in IL so who knows? Maybe someday! We have homeschooling friends in Annandale. Near you at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My almost 2 year old (Anna) has that same exact dress--the plaid skirt one with the pink shirt! Target, right? I love that dress, her big sister has a matching purple one!

    My belly gets in the way too! Don't stand too near the stove, I once almost caught myself on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm French toast is greatly missed around here after the egg allergy diagnoses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby bump! I hope you can give that boy a baby brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try that french toast idea next week. I need new ideas. I am in a funk.
    gotta go...will be back later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can sympathize with your son as I spent like 20 years in a house with 4 females and (ONE) bathroom.
    Today I am thankful for a recent and very, very good picture of the awesome Jamie to enjoy. Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you count these blessings and record them. Everyone looks so adorable.

    Now I want french toast....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!