Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's For Supper?

With a couple kids sick with sore throats and coughs, 
and the -7 weather today, 
soup hits the spot!

Bean Counter Chowder

Chopped Onion
2 Garlic Cloves (I use minced sometimes)
1 Tbsp oil

14 oz Stewed or chopped Tomatoes
(I used Petite Diced)
2 -14 oz cans chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 tsp each:
basil
Oregano
Celery Flakes
1/4 tsp Pepper

3 cans Great Northern Beans or Pinto Beans
(I always use whatever I have on hand--kidney is fine)

1 cup uncooked Elbow Macaroni
1 Tbsp Parsley

You can either make this on the stove or in the crockpot.
I put it all together except the noodles, in the crockpot, 
then, about 1/2 hour before eating, add the noodles.
This is the original recipe, but I am not exact on the beans or broth when I make it!

It also makes a great, easy, Friday, meatless, crockpot meal!


From Barbara again
(she's one of my faves)
The muffin picture is hers too!
See recipe for "Nancy's Sweet Muffins"


And of course, we have fruit and veggies!!

Stay warm where ever you are!


6 comments:

  1. I am all over that muffin recipe, Jamie Jo!
    And I hope your sick chicks are better soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Billie Jo - all.over.it! I hope everyone heals up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm…I suppose you will blame my missing dinner invite on the frozen tundra??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delish- and I hope it does the trick and helps everyone feel better soon. Wishing you all warmth and health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is the mini-dinosaurs (?) in the last picture just above your lovely lettuce salad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum...I need to learn how to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!