Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dandelion Root

Has anyone heard of taking Dandelion Root? I heard from a friend through another friend that another friend took it during her last 3 of 9 children. All her previous children had problems with billy ruben levels when born, but once she started taking dandelion root during her pregnancies, that all stopped. My babies all have had problems and turn that yellow color and have to be brought back a couple days after we get home from the hospital for blood tests, at which time the levels go down and they are always fine. (thank goodness) I bought some dandelion root on Saturday though and started taking them in pill form. If it prevents going back for another appt, and helps their livers and kidneys, it's worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of that remedy, but you don't have anything to loose. We've lost much 'natural medicine' knowledge over the decades ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's also good for your iron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would check with your doctor first! Sometimes those natural remedies can have a detrimental effect. Are you taking other medicines? Is it completely safe during pregnancy? I wish I was at work right now, I would look it up for you in a pharmaceutical publication. Better to be safe than sorry. I am always cautious about herbs from natural food stores, there are a lot of quacks out there just looking to make a buck! Check it out before you take it, please.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!