Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mary Our Mother

Hail Mary Full of Grace, (Luke 1:28)
The Lord is with thee (Luke 1:48)
Blessed are you among women
 and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
 Jesus (Luke 1:42)
Holy Mary, Mother of God (Luke 1:43)
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of of our death
John (19:26-27)
Amen.

(all biblical people!)

We Catholics didn't make this up!



Today is a feast day in the Catholic Church.
The feast of the Assumption of Mary.
We believe she was assumed into heaven, body and soul.
Just as God prevented her body to be harmed from sin in life,
He also prevented her body from corruption and decay in death.
(which is really life)
(I know, that's deep)




I must defend my faith, my love of Mary.

She is God's mother.
PERIOD
No question.
We are to be like Jesus.
And
well, He loved Mary.  

Simple as that. 
I love her
I don't worship her
I worship God, the One, True God.
I love Mary.

Why is this such a hang up for people?

Mary always points to her Son.
Always.
She never takes away,
 she only adds to my relationship with Jesus.
Have a strong relationship with His mother,
you WILL have a strong relationship with Him. 

If someone loves my mother, well, there is something extra there.
There just is.
 
 We made our blue jello this morning 
so we can celebrate tonite with these
(only we don't have the fancy parfait glasses)
I don't think the kiddos will mind eating them out of a bowl, do you?
(Fake smiles courtesy of my 3 youngest girlies)

Happy Feast day!
Thankful for my faith 
and how biblically sound it is.


9 comments:

  1. Perfectly put, dear Jamie Jo! Love love love!

    And I love your special treat as well.

    You are a super special mommy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    And I love the Assumption parfaits! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You know, pre-Catholic days I never saw much anti-Catholic sentiment (thankfully and now I see it all the time!). When I first heard about other faiths being anti-Mary, I didn't get it. Sure, I didn't ask her intercession through prayer but I respected her, admired her. I mean, she was chosen by God to be Jesus' mother!!!

    Anyway, I bet the parfaits were just as yummy in a bowl. My kids still think jello is weird. No doubt a good thing, but then fun desserts like this never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you. I love Mary. I love you. I wish I thought of those parfaits...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoVe this post! Nothing more to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said! I love this post! Parfaits sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure what it is with Mary that other faiths have such a hard time with??!!! She is the best role model ever. Plus she has appeared so many times telling us we better shape up..like a good mama does with her children.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I was so delighted to come over here and find such a beautiful, uplifting post about our dear Blessed Mother! I love her and her rosary so much! Thank you so much for the post!

    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! I can't believe how big your children are getting! Such beautiful children! And you, my friend are such a wonderful Mama! May God Bless you and your family!

    Love,
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!