Back in July, I bought this notebook.
Mostly because it was cool, but I like to write my thoughts down
when I'm out and about, or praying in the chapel, or just at home.
If I don't write my thoughts down when they come, they are long gone,
yet somehow taunting me out there to capture somehow.
I started thinking that I'd like to make a list of 100 things I love/like.
In no particular order and not including people, you know,
like my husband and my children...that's a give in, right?
I thought it would be hard.
it turned out to be pretty easy.
I added to it all summer
I'm going to share some of those things with you
(OK, I shared them all)
(OK, I shared them all)
along with a picture or two (or 20)
in the hopes you make a list for yourself.
A little book of YOU!
Because I love YOU!
- I love dark chocolate
- I love kids and babies
- I love the sun and sunny days!
- I love taking my kids to the wading pool and playing "1, 2, 3 Jump!"
- I love swinging them around in the water
- I love happy endings in movies
- I love sitting on the porch, soaking up the outside as much as I can
- I love chocolate chip cookies
- I love baby toes and little kid toes
- I love painted toes
- I love talking with my husband
- I love when Tom kisses and hugs me hello and goodbye
- I love babies and children falling asleep in my arms...there's nothing like it
- I love to watch movies
- I love the differences in personalities with my 6 kids
- I love driving in the summer with the windows down and the radio up
- I love driving in the summer with the windows down and the radio off
- I love curls on girls
- I love campfires
- I love flowers
- I love to grow things
- I love lush green grass and trees and woods
- I love pre-school age children, it's my favorite age
- I love to just sit on the side of the wading pool and watch my kiddos laugh and play, to enjoy that innocence of childhood.
- Simeon giggled in his sleep around 5 am for 10-15 seconds--makes me smile just thinking about it--talk about "sweet dreams"!
- I love that I feel 26 inside but have (hopefully) the wisdome of my 45 year old self
- I love warm rainy days in the summer
- I love going to Adoration
- I love praying the rosary. Any where, any place, any time!!
- I love going to daily Mass
- I love going to Confession, I love examining my soul deeper each time.
- I love Jesus!!
- I love my faith, being Catholic, I love living and walking my faith, it brings such joy and fulfillment to my heart
- I love the Bible, but I struggle with what I should read
- I love vegetables
- I especially love salads
- I love to garden, vegetables and flowers...but the deer eat what I plant, so no veggies.
- I love to organize things, although I'm not very organized with my time
- I love to take pictures
- I love to capture a memory
- I love to then, look at that memory...it reminds me to be thankful.
- I LOVE TO BE THANKFUL!
- My 5 year old calls the YMCA "Lime-C-A"
- I love to watch people and wonder about their lives
- I love to go to the same cashiers at Wal-mart
- I love the ocean and the beach, I can't help but think about God and His Awesomeness, it's so Vast and amazing.
- I love to look at shells on the beach
- I like long hair
- My favorite colors are bright pink and bright blue
- I love the real names of my children (all named after saints)
- I always check out way too many children's books at the library (and yes, we do owe fines)
- For myself, I like to read books that will change my life, if it doesn't change me in some way, it feels a waste of time for me.
- I like to brush my teeth every time I eat
- I need down time, time alone, quiet time, time with just our family, time with nothing on the agenda.
- I love water, ice tea w/ Sweet-n-Low and diet cola, all with ice.
- When I look at houses, I always look for a good "cookie baking counter"
- I used to have straight hair, before children.
- I do not drink alcohol, out of respect for my husband (in recovery for 25+years now)
- I do not like the zoo.
- I love the smell of sunscreen.
- I do not like fruit scented lotions
- I've been wearing the same perfume since I was 17. "Confess Body Spray" (fake Obsession)
- I love Spring, Summer and Fall...although, Fall the very least, because it quickly turns into Winter.
- I am always cold if I sit down. I don't sit very much, but at the end of the day, when I rock Simeon to sleep, I FREEZE!!
- I love Spanish, but only took a year in high school.
- I'm excited for my kids to learn Spanish
- I do not like the Latin Mass.
- Yes. I said that. It's true.
- Pet Peeve: People that pretend to be dumb.
- Pet Peeve: Negative people that complain, complain, complain....
- I am left handed and I love that. It makes me different.
- I don't care what religion you are, I just want to know you. I want to know what you believe and why and want you to want the same of me. (I think that's called respect)
- I love tattoos and the reasons people get them, and I think the more the better, but I have no desire to EVER get one. I don't like the little tattoos, the ones that people get just to get a tattoo...I think if you are going to do it, Go BIG!! Look at her arms!! They are awesome! I used to watch that show LA Ink...just to see the reasons people do it. (when we had TV) (saw this lady at a park this past summer, I took her picture from far away, just held the camera in my lap and took the shot. Sorry lady. I really wanted to come up to you and talk to you about your tatts, but had to go with my kids)
- Another Pet Peeve: People constantly trying to sell something or wanting money for something. It's everywhere you go. Even in line at the drive thru...Arbys, "Do you want to add a dollar for whatever" (it's a genius way to raise money, but I don't like it)
- I got my ears pierced when I was 12. I have not worn earrings regularly since my 3rd child was born. (that was 10 years ago)
- I love sitting on the porch with Tom, talking about everything, holding his hand or snuggling up to him.
- I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
- I love taking the kids to the park, but with so many kiddos, I rarely do anymore, we utilize our backyard more!
- I love to play Scrabble, for a while, but I'm not a big game player.
- I love a good burger with no onion, and lots of pickles and ketchup!
- I love making tie dye shirts
- I love Chipotle's. I always order a meatless salad w/black beans, brown rice, mild salsa, fajita veggies, guacamole and extra lettuce on top!
- I love the smell of babies, makes me smile.
- I love Minnesota in the spring and summer.
- I do not like to travel, but I love to be in different places.
- I do not like to wear jewelry, except my wedding ring. I do wear a medal and scapular though anyway.
- I love my blue eyes.
- I love that I have curly hair now, it turned curly after having babies.
- I love talking and getting together with my friend Sarah. There's just something there.
- I love Iron Man, Spiderman, The X-Men, and the newest Superman and anything Marvel.
- I do not like pets. For myself, I'm OK if you have them though.
- I love Philippians 4:8
- I love fairs, big ones and small ones!
- I love to watch people.
- I love the 4th of July parade! Everyone is so festive in their red, white and blue!
- I love Disneyland...I have great memories of it from my childhood, living in California, even was locked in overnight for grad-nite!
- I love being a woman
- I love to help people
- I love Pinterest and all the ideas out there for EVERYTHING!!
- I love Jessica's parties, I've told her a few times, she should write a book. She has so many ideas for not only parties, but all things Catholic. She was my first example of someone celebrating feast days.
- I love that Christine came up to me after Mass one day many years ago, and made that first move to become friends!
- I love mailboxes and the hope they bring to all of us.
- I love blue ink. Specifically, Papermate Profile pens.
- I love watching my kids play with other kids
- I love family game night! Although, we rarely seem to have it anymore
- I love the sound of the wind blowing through the trees on windy days
- I love sitting on the porch when it's raining!
- I love listening to Chrystal Gayle, it reminds me of my childhood. My dad listened to her every weekend, he had (still has) every single album she made. (yes album)
- Ditto on Eddie Rabbitt!! Saw him in concert at the State Fair many many years ago, invited 3 new friends to go with me I hardly knew!! It was raining!!!! (I Love a Rainy Night)
- Kenny Roger's song, "Lucille" I thought he said "400 children and the crops in the field"
- I love country music but most of it brings me back to a time in my life I don't want to think about. Even new songs. Isn't that funny?
- Can't even count how many times I saw Alabama in concert!! Gosh, and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!! And Lee Greenwood!!
- Who doesn't love Kenny Rogers hits?
- And Kenny Loggins? I'm aging myself, aren't I?
- I love getting all my laundry done in one day. It happened twice.
- I only like mint flavored gum.
- I love being able to open all the windows in the house, when it's not too hot or too cold outside
- I love watching my child learn how to swim!
- I love seeing my child learn how to read--that moment it clicks, is amazing!
- Same with going potty!!
- I love Tom's blue eyes
- I love Tom's goat tee...go-tee, goatie? OH, that beard thing on his chin!
- I think my husband is so cute in a baseball cap.
- I love Tom in camo shorts!
- My favorite dessert is vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and a banana cut up on it! I made it for myself on vacation this past summer...
- Note to self: NO MATTER HOW HIGH YOUR GOALS ARE OF WORKING OUT WHILE ON A WEEK VACATION, YOU WON'T DO IT!! Stop wasting space in your suitcase with shoes and workout clothes!
- I love coming home after vacation!
- I love that our family PRAYS!!
- I don't like cupcakes or pancakes
- I love Tom in his gray muscle shirt!
- I love the smell of fresh rain
- I love fresh flowers in a vase on the table or anywhere
- I love watching the kids play in the sand
- I love weeding my gardens with my bare hands, there's something about touching the earth, working with it, smelling it. God's gift to us.
- I cry very easy, my tears are a gift.
- I might even be known to cry in animated movies....
- I see every one of my faults magnified in my children. I hope they also magnify my good qualities!!
- I love non fiction books.
- I don't like fiction usually. If it's not real, I don't want to read it.
- I love screen doors. I love the sound of a screen door slamming shut.
- I love the smell of a humid summer morning.
- I love remnants of children playing in the yard (a little)
- I love sidewalk chalk
- I love to do my morning prayers on the porch.
- I love to do school on the porch.
- I LOVE THE PORCH!!!
- I love houses with porches on them!
- I love that I am too young to be 45!! Ha!! A friend told me that and I'm stealing it!
- I love the word "people"
- I love summer
- I love the songs Be Happy and Happy. NO one else in my family does.
- I love Netflix
- I love a lot more male singers than I do female singers.
- I love lilacs. They make me think of my childhood. I used to play between 2 lilac bushes my mom had. I'd play that there was a tragedy and I had to run away from our home and I was all by myself and that spot between the bushes was my home, or hideout away from the bad guys.
- I love blogging!
- I love being a leader
- I love to stay up late
- I love to watch the sun rise over the ocean....3 weeks 2 days left....
Well, that's it for now.
Now, I want you to work on your happy list, the list about YOU!
After you listen to my awesome songs here:
Have a great rest of your week!