Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Reviews!

 My 10 year old and I went out for some "mom time"
(we used to call them "mommy dates" 
but now that the kids are older, well, um...it's changed)
We went out to eat and then shopping and then onto see this movie!
At the movie theater
(so this one is not out yet in video)
IT WAS SUPER!!!!

I loved it.
Steve Carell was awesome in it.
And
 Jennifer Garner was in it.
  (need I say more?)
(I like her)
Laugh outloud funny!

(my other Steve Carell favorites, besides The Office?
The Way Way Back, and Dan in Real Life)


 Mommy date
Can anyone say Maude?
Seriously, I look like Maude. 
This is what I wore Sunday. 
I look like Maude.
If you don't know who Maude is, you are too young, just look at me.
If you do know who Maude is, then,
 you know I'm right.

 Failed selfie...sunlight...shadows...oh, well!
 TV Show review!
I am watching The Glades on Netflix.
I am really liking it.
The first couple shows, the main character, Jim, I was not so sure about.
But as each season has gone on, I've liked him more and more.
It's a murder mystery type light hearted show.

 Toilet paper!!
We all use it.
We all need it.
But not all toilet papers are the same.
This is the kind I like to buy.
It's soft, thick enough for the job and I've literally used it all my life, 
as my mom buys this kind too.

This is the best toilet paper out there.
 The problem is my toilet paper causes our new toilets to get stopped up
(with a little help from certain little people that like to use lots and lots of it,
 but do not like to flush)

Our plumber told us
(he frequents our home)
that we should switch to Scott toilet paper.
My heart sank.
Have you tried this stuff?
It is gas-station-paper thin!!

I'm sorry in advance, if you come to our home,
for our toilet paper.
You can use a ton though, even choose to not flush 
and it will not stop up our toilets.

 THE BEST THING I LEARNED ALL SUMMER:
(Thanks Amanda)

If you wear skirts and your legs rub together and sweat
 (and you are tired of wearing biker shorts under your skirts)
put deodorant between your legs. 

Yep.
It works!  


 Onto more movie reviews!
These are all in video, we watch via Netflix!

X-Men!!

Well, I suppose you'd have to already be a fan of  the X-Men to like these.
I am.
So I loved it.

But with this one, I didn't like that because Wolverine went back to the past,
the future was changed (which was the point of the whole movie) 
but, I want to know what the new future was, which is now the past, 
because it ends in the present.

Follow me?

(Like did Mystique end up being good?)

I'm excited they could make a lot of new movies because of these questions.
Right?
 This movie was pretty good.
Different, but good.
I think Tom Cruise did a really good job at showing a man
be kind of a jerk and humble himself, by dying over and over again and again.


Now I'm probably going to get in trouble with you for this one.
I did not like this one.
I'll repeat that I did NOT like this one!
half way through, I was ready for both of them to die.
(it's about 2 terminally ill teens)
They sleep together, they show them take each other's clothes off .

Why do they do that?
They did not have to do that for this movie.
They can fall in love without sleeping together.
It happens in real life, really, it does.

But that was only one thing I didn't like about the movie.
I actually didn't like the movie.
It was slow and like I said, I wanted them to die already.

I don't know...I just didn't like it. 
(I'm the happy ending person, remember?)
(which is why I wanted them to die, so I could be happy) 

 Here's another thing I did not like!
I love to workout, really, I do.
I've been trying to work out again
(see above Maude picture)
But, I just don't like her personality, especially while I'm working out. 
Every day.
She's obnoxious.
Maybe she needs to workout in Hawaii or something.
Maybe she'd be happy then.






Like him
I love him.
OK, I don't really love him!
But I sure love his workouts!
This is Gilad.
We do not have TV anymore, we just do Netflix.
I have a couple of his videos, but they are not the same 
as the shows they have on FitTV at 5:30am

Gilad's Total Body Sculpt
(Below)

I don't know, he's just friendlier, happy, 
yet he gives a really good workout.

I signed up for this monthly streaming thing.
HERE
I can get any and all of his TV shows streamed onto my computer.
for $9.99/month.
(yeah, Tom was not happy with that)
But, it's cheaper than a membership 
and it makes me happy.
(and I can cancel anytime I want to)



13 comments:

  1. We use Scott. We have a septic system.
    Funny thing is...anywhere else it seems tooooo soft!!!!
    Lovely pics of you, gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bet you get used to the paper thin Scotts...soft toilet paper will be a luxury!!

      Thank you Billie Jo!!

      Delete
  2. I do not know who Maude is, but I'm still old.

    You know, I keep seeing that movie--The fault in our stars--in Target, in the book station, in the DVD aisles and every time I saw it, I was not drawn to it, but instead repelled. I don't like sad movies either; it seems that movie makers see a lot of drama in illnesses and I'm tired of it. I saw the previews to that movie too and had the same thought: why must there be a sex scene in just about every movie?? Why is Hollywood so insecure? It's like they are afraid to not put sex and swearing in every movie (with dirty jokes) or they will be thought as prudes.

    A good movie I did see was The Maze Runner. Very minimal swearing, no love scenes! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see The Maze Runner...saw a preview, looks good! Tom said, "I've got to see that one!"

      I don't know why they market certain movies so much...like The Fault in Our Stars...

      You are not as old as me....Maude was a TV show from the 70's.

      Delete
    2. Maude wore these long foo foos....moo moos...

      Delete
  3. I loved the review of Alexander...actually, I love all your reviews, lol. They give me a great heads' up!

    I think I would have loved "The Fault" when I was 15. Now, I agree with you--just come and finish up this movie.

    My mom used Scott growing up...now, using "soft" toilet paper is a luxury, but I still do it! Usually I just get whatever's cheapest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, using soft TP is going to be a luxury for me too now.

      Glad you like my reviews...I don't actually review them much, I don't want to give anything away!

      I used to work in a video store, you know when they had VHS...way back when, and I secretly wish I still worked there.

      Delete
  4. I despise thin toilet paper. I feel your pain.

    If you're using the $9.99 workouts, then it's worth it!!! I'm trying out LiveFitMama's 30 day challenge. So far, so good. It's $20/month but it includes live support and motivation which apparently I need. I plan on reviewing it at the end of 30 days (mid-November).

    And I am so trying the deodorant. I read someone else's tricks and she didn't think it worked well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I told my husband what you said about paying $20/mo...I'm glad you are doing something, good for you!!

      That deodorant thing worked for me...

      Delete
  5. I know who Maude is because I loved the show. The Golden Girls were so funny!

    ...and NO...you do not look like that at all. You look great and happy and have the best little girl to go out on MOMMY dates with. dang those kids growing up....I still love it when Ava calls me MAMA...the other kids ...I am just mom.

    I bought the thin stuff and never heard the end of it...so I go for a little bit thicker. Scotts is just like the stuff at the gas station. So dang thin.

    I always think you just grab more and it all evens out in the end.

    ..in the end...HA.

    ok..probably not funny.

    I bet a lot of teens when to the stupid Fault of stars or whatever it is called....that is too bad and thanks for letting me know because I do not want to see it at all.

    I just got done reading The Maze Runner and there is no swearing in the book or sex. I am hoping to take the older kids to see that movie.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Christine, Maude was a different show, but the same actress as in The Golden Girls. Maude was from the 70's...she wore these...um, she, looked like me in that picture.

      You do grab more and more and more of that dang toilet paper. Our bathroom upstairs in our room has the good stuff, so Tom poops up there. (too much info, huh?)

      The sleeping together thing was just one thing I didn't like about the movie, I didn't like the movie. If they'd not done that I'd still not like the movie.

      I heard that was an awesome movie! (The Maze Runner)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jamie Jo,
    Have you ever watched the movie Evan Almighty with Steve Carell? It is a great family movie!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, and it is one of the kids' favorites, but not one of mine...I like the ones where he's just a regular guy. He starts out a regular guy in Evan Almighty...but, well, you know.

      The kids do love it though. There was a time not so long ago where they might have watched it a few times in a row!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!