Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sweet 16

We have a 16 year old in our home!
He's amazing, really, teens are not the problem everyone makes them out to be!
 
He's such a great kid!
 





OK, have any of you seen this stupid movie?
I saw it years ago with Tom, because he'd already seen it
and I thought it was one of the stupidest movies I'd ever seen.
I only laughed because Tom laughed.
 
BUT
There's a big "BUT"
But, it's so funny to talk about it afterward.
Talk about all the stupid things in it and all the stupid lines.
 
The movie takes place in 2005, but you question (several times)
if it's actually taking place in the 70's.
 
 
The 2nd time I watched this was in January when my kids
wanted to watch it.
You see, this movie is making its rounds among teens now
(a whole new generation)
I have to say, watching it a second time, watching my kids' reactions,
it was really really funny!
 


Napoleon Dynamite Party it is!
These are just the kids that dressed up like characters from the movie!
Now, if you've seen the movie, you will get the decorations,
if not, well, you might want to skip this whole post,
so you can go watch the movie!
(and tell me how dumb it is)
(I already know) 

 




The lines from the movie are so fun to quote....

Of course we had Quasa-Dillas!!
Lots of them!
And TOTS!!
We had lots and lots of TOTS!
(I only caught one kid stuffing them in his pockets!)
Ha!
(another  movie thing)
Chapstick for everyone!

 
 
 


It was wet and snowy that day, but outside games were still fun! 
Why yes! Some even memorized the famous Napoleon Dynamite dance!

Another year gone...so much will change in this next year,
driving, job, less time at home.
"Gosh!!"
(Napoleon Dynamite quote)
 


19 comments:

  1. I cannot believe he is 16! Super fun party even though I hope to never watch that movie again. Once was enough. (I didn't get it...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH,my gosh!! I thought I'd never watch it again too....barely made it through the first time, just wait til your kids are big, it was REALLY funny to watch them watch it and laugh at all the stupid parts....and make fun of them later. Trust me. Never say "Never"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party! Can't say I'd care to see the movie again, though with teenagers it might be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that movie - so funny! It does have some great lines. It is one of those movies I can watch again and again and still find funny. Guess I am a true nerd. I love this idea for a party! Happy Birthday to your 16-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That HAS to be because you've already had teenagers, right? Ha!! SO funny that you love it...I'm glad. I think Tom loved it right away too. I think it's the smart people that like it right away! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy 16th!!!!!!!
    And yes...you are right.
    Teenagers are terrific. : )
    Would you believe I have not even heard of that movie?!
    But it sure looks like a great time. : )
    Happy and Blessed Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh....if you watch it really, you won't like it at all the first time, but afterward, you will remember the stupid stuff in it and it will be funny....it's the only bad movie that is fun to watch again! Happy Easter to you too my friend!!

      Delete
  6. Oh so freakin' awesome.

    Seriously. And I only made it through, like, ten minutes of the movie before I ran screaming from the room. I liked this post much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best 16th party ever! I love it! You are such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! We quote it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We LOVE Napolean Dynamite! I didn't think it was as funny the first time, but we have watched it many times. I even bought everyone shirts one year. I like Napolean better than the Marx brothers whom I walk out on all the time. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I didn't realize he was so old now! And gosh, that movie came out when I was in college and I thought it was so dumb. I mean, yeah, parts are funny, especially when you have a friend named Tina and there's a llama named Tina. But overall it is really dumb. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your young man! Wow! He really seems really mature and check out how he is still so tan! Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's sixteen already?! How did that happen?? I swear, I just read a post that he turned fourteen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Napoleon Dynamite is the best movie ever!! Laughed so hard I cried first time I watched it :). Happy 16th to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where are you?
    I hope all is well.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jaime,
    I've been missin' your bloggin'!! Hope summer is treating you and your family well. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope all is well with you and your family-miss hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!