Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July Fun!

 First up, my 4th of July icy drink
(Sugar free by the way)

Frozen Strawberries
Diet 7-up
1-2 packets Sweet-N-Low if you want it sweeter

Blend in blender!

That's it!
I made this up when I was 18
(I am the original maker upper of this recipe)
 (old picture from years past)
 I found this picture somewhere on the internet, isn't it cute?
I have 4 girls
Do you think ANY ONE of them will let me do this to their hair?
(nope)
 Onto easy crafts
Now, remember if I'm showing it, it's easy.
You know that, right?

(Idea found HERE)
 You have straws and rubber bands, don't you?
Some red and blue paint

 Instant fun!!
OK, some turned out better than others

 Yes, she's still only 4 and yes, she has now lost her top 2 teeth!!
(last weekend!)
 Now onto easy finger painted flags
(found HERE)
This particular one looks like the power is coming out of her fingers
(I think that is what she intended, til I told her to add another stripe)
 What's a stripe?
 Oh, those lines I covered up....
 T-Shirts!!
We did Tees this year!
I got this idea 
 They were really really really easy, promise!

Just remember to put something inside your tees so the paint doesn't bleed through to the back
(I use old plastic placemats)


 Such a cute and fun idea!
The website showed using stencils for other seasons too
I think we will do pumpkins for Halloween and Christmas trees for Christmas!!
 But then, people will wonder why my kids are wearing dotty shirts all the time.

We also made a Captain America tie dye shirt for my oldest son
and now Tom wants one!
It turned out AWESOME!

(See how HERE)

I'll show the finished products another day
after I catch my
very busy 2 year old....oh, my it's been a busy busy summer so far....
We'll be at the parade tomorrow, 
if you are local, look for my unicyclist!!
(this was last week's parade)
And some of my other kiddos will be walking with the Pro-Life Kids Club

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

12 comments:

  1. Your shirts look awesome! I'm seeing all the t-shirt pictures and wishing we had done them this year. Our orthodontist was handing out free ones yesterday so we snagged those which is probably for the best since I've got two down with low grade fevers today. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures, and those Finger Painted Flags are so cute! Happy 4th Jamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun... I love the eraser dot shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What great ideas! I want to visit sooooo bad. Missed you Jamie Jo. Pray I'm not too tired to finish a post soon. SO much to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to read from you in red white and blue! Missing you to pieces and although the summer has been busy, busy, I sure would like to get together. Once again, your kiddos made me smile and it looks like you are doing a very good job enjoying summer. {hugs} Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the shirts look awesome, too. How about some unicycling video?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! 4th of July looks like a party! I like the idea of painting with straws. I would definitely have let you tie my hair like that! It's looks so cute.. star and 2 ribbons of flag's color is pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your ideas.
    And your sweet family!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 4th of July to you and your family. It was fun to see them all in the parade. your daughter aka colette gave me a lot of candy!! I saw "T" and her kiddos but she was on her phone and didnt want to talk to us?????? miss seeing that family. sounds like you are having a fun and busy summer. it was good to talk to you..thanks for calling me!! you are one hard person to get a hold of busy busy busy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and that is amazing sweetie pie is loosing her teeth...did you ask her dentist????

    ReplyDelete
  11. The painting looks so fun! I always enjoyed doing that as a child...also loved the star hair-do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shirts look so fun! Great job on them! I hope you're enjoying your summer so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!