Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All Souls Day

We are so blessed to live right next to a graveyard. All those Holy Souls to pray for, friends forever, indeed! (they also make for the quietest neighbors!) This is us casting long shadows on the way up our backyard hill and back down the other side!
Each child picks whoever they want to pray for and we all pray.

This is our neighbor Jeanne, she came with us on this cold, cold day!! We needed mittens and hats, it was really windy and freezing.


Prayer of St Gertrude, the Great

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus,
in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my home and within my family. Amen.


6 comments:

  1. Great idea, but I would never deliberately live next door to a graveyard. It's not comfortable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tradition/memory for your children. I'm sure those souls all appreciated your prayers yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed to live next to a cemetery! When I was in high school, we lived across the street from a beautiful, park like cemetery. It was my favorite place. My friends and I would go there to play cards. My mom and I would take walks in it. I never could resist jumping in the leaf piles in the autumn. My parents would always say that when they died, they were moving across the street! And now they are there and I am lonely for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to pray. Kids will remember and continue this hopefully in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tradition, Jamie. Those people who are buried there are blessed to have you and your children praying for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!