Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful for dirt!!!
And Thankful for kids who love to dig in it!
It was the first thing she saw when we went on the porch!
Oh, the excitement of a child!!
What can I say?
The snow melted off the pots
So
It's the only dirt we have for now....until this snow melts!
(I forgot to put this one on earlier and had to come back and put it on!)

Thankful for St Patrick and The Holy Trinity...
for Shamrocks and the color GREEN!
Thankful for melting snow (finally) although it's melting verrrrrry
sloooooowly, it's melting!!
Thankful for the beautiful sunshine that makes
45 degrees feel like 65 degrees
to us Minnesotans!


See?
Thankful for
Homework on the porch, no hats or coats

Thankful for the opportunity to go to Mass on Wednesdays!
We can feel the graces within our lives.
Thankful for beautiful, Delicious strawberries, that have gone down in price---finally!!
For the past couple months strawberries have been terrible and very expensive!
Thankful for homemade play dough!


The girls have been playing with it every day and they are loving it!



Even Sweetie Pie is loving it!
(she only tried to eat it once!)
Jamie's Play Dough Recipe
(the best ever!)
2 cups flour
1 T. Alum
1 Cup salt
2 cups Boiling water
2 T. Oil
Combine all. Mix well.
Add food coloring of your choice,


let the kiddos mix it to the color they want!
(store in air tight containers or baggies)
I got this recipe 15 years ago when I was working at a Montessori school.



Thankful for one last hurrah on the snow mountains
at the abandoned Wal-Mart parking lot!
Also
Thankful it was the last time....
and
Thankful it is melting away........






Thankful for baby cuteness....
Click on the pictures if you'd like (like I like to do)
I'm going to bore you with my baby cuteness....
She's so full of life and such a character


She's just so much fun to have around.
Indulge me a little,
she's already almost 19 months old!
She's still a baby, but she's growing so fast and before I know it,
she's not going to be a baby anymore!
Thankful for her little "meows" and puppy playing!
(not sure why that Ken doll is there, I think Colette was playing with him)



Thankful Thursdays
A time to remember to be thankful
A pause in the week
for praise, thanksgiving and thinking positively
in addition to the normal daily praise
We need to give God.

4 comments:

  1. Fun to hear your voice. OH MY look how big she is getting! My baby still does not want to walk.
    They are growing up so fast.

    The company we had over last Friday had a baby girl who was 2 mo. old. I wanted to keep her because it is already so hard to remember Ava as teeny-tiny.

    Your kids are so flexiable. I am going to try to sit like that and blog!

    I bought my first corn been meat thing. I threw it in the crock-pot and I am hoping it will taste good??!!

    happy st paddys day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had melting snow here, but then it snowed overnight and still is! Winter is so much longer in Alaska. But, I hear you on the difference in perception for temperatures. Anything above 50 degrees would be almost summer weather here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The snow! It makes me cringe. It's around 70 degrees here in Alabama today. Would you believe we actually had to leave the park because it was getting to be too hot! :)

    Love your blog, by the way!

    God Bless,
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having to use the AC here Jamie. Really warm. Great pictures today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!