Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weight Update

I'm still working out, every day except Sundays.
It was getting to the point last week,
where I was starting to feel hopeless.
My body is resisting so much.
I tell myself, that is good.
My body is strong.
My spirit is strong.

I was talking with my husband
(he's probably getting tired of me talking about my exercising,
weight and Weight Watchers things)
Anyway, I was talking and he suggested
maybe I should change my workout.
What?
Change it?
I've been working hard, I change it up
I do hard and a little less hard.
I do strength training.
Why would I need to change it?
up to 2 months ago,
I didn't even workout for the 4 months previous.
Isn't that a change?


OK, I try to take constructive criticism and swallow my pride.
Well, I could add that boring treadmill to my workouts.
I'm not good with boring.
I'm too busy for that.
I can walk 4 miles in an hour outside, but on that darn treadmill,
4 mph makes my legs run.
3.8 mph makes my legs run.
I don't run.
Certain body parts can't take that "bouncing".
I decided to change my workouts.
This is my 2nd week of following this workout schedule:
Treadmill: Tuesday and Friday 50-60 minutes
I actually run for the first time in my adult life,
I'm actually liking the run part.
(The bouncing parts are doing ok)
Strength training: Monday and Thursday 90 some minutes
4-5 mile Walk Away the Pounds: Wednesday and Saturday about an hour

I just can't give up on you Leslie Sansone.
I like you too much.
I don't get bored with your workouts.

My strength training consists of her stuff:
Hips/thighs- 21 minutes
(uses her "fit cuff")
Fast Firming Walk Slim series- 30 minutes
(uses her stretchie band)
Walk Strong Express -37 minutes
(I use 5 lb hand weights, she walks and body sculpts in intervals)
My strength training day is a whopping 9 points for Weight Watchers!



I have lost a total of 14 lbs so far.
I'm going from September when I started Weight Watchers
(it's only been 8 or 9 since Dec 28th when I started exercising, so with the ups and downs, it's easier to just go from the beginning of Weight Watchers and count it all)
I went shopping this past weekend and went down a size and that size was too big.
I know the next size would be tight, so I'm inbetween sizes right now.
I'm trying to look at the positives and not the negatives
(which are I should have lost at least 20 lbs by now and
the fact that I will never lose this "shelf" of fat over my 5 C-section incision)
I feel good
I feel strong
I feel healthy
All reasons to keep going!


My treadmill music is Ultimate Dance Party Volume one.
I try to pray first,
I just can't go as fast without music.
"I like to move-it, move-it! I like to move -it, move- it"

14 comments:

  1. Your doing awesome, Jamie!!

    I truly need to start exercising regularly and start losing some weight, and you are inspiring me to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to all of us Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! As soon as I pop this baby out, I'm joining WW again :) Loved it after the last baby. I'm posting an exercise routine tomorrow that I think you'll be able to do and (gulp) enjoy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm not being as aggressive in my workouts as you are, I have also been struggling with the question, "Why am I NOT losing weight?" I figured my body is in such shock that I am actually exercising that it is trying to protect me and hang onto all that extra weight :) Thank God for encouraging husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AWESOME, chickie! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job Jamie. I am also exercising more. two weeks ago, I started walking every day to the kids school except on the rainy days. In two weeks I walked a total of five days. And I just started a workout dvd set called Insanity. Two days and I am aching all over but I must continue. I also had two c-sections and have that same bag above it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! you sound just like me! I too have started exercising after having my 4th child- (c-sections and have the fat bag too:) and feel like it is coming off but so slowly.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perseverance is what I think of when reading your post, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Jamie!! I think it sounds like you are doing great. Don't worry about the numbers on the scale as much. If you are feeling better and it's working for you, keep at it. You go girl!!

    I love Leslie too. Can't help but feel energized and upbeat after exercising with her. I've gotten started again now with Leslie and just received two of her DVDs in yesterdays mail. Looking forward to trying them, esp. the Hips & Thighs one. It seems that is where my 'Gianna weight' was mostly left :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspire me also. I tried working out yesterday but baby does not let me. It is frustrating.

    When we talked last I said it might take a year...I hope you did not take that the wrong way. I was just saying that losing weight slowly is the best because it seems like people who lose too fast ...it just is not healthy..also they put it back on.

    Like ME. I keep losing the same dang 10 lbs and then gain it back the next month. Right now I am inching to 15lbs. Thanks for posting this you get us all up off the couch and moving.

    i like to move it move it...too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome Jamie! My exercise of choice is outside walking the dog for an hour. I love the fresh air! But I do need to pick it up a notch and do strength training. You've helped motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love leslie sansone's videos/dvd's. She keeps me motivated!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!