Monday, July 25, 2011

Good Movie/Bad Movie

First, the good movie!
The Adjustment Bureau was really a good movie, it was a very interesting concept.
Although, I'll warn you the concept is a very goofy idea of what God is and how free will works.   
I just found it interesting to see such imagination.
Both Tom and I said the same thing afterward, "Interesting"
There was action and romance, the perfect couple movie!
This was not a good movie.  It was bad.  In fact, we should have shut it off.
I realized, I never post bad movies, not sure why, maybe I don't want to waste any more of my time.
I had a hard time shutting it off, I kept thinking, "It will get better"  
It didn't.
It was predictable
It had bad, raunchy, gross jokes.
It had some laugh out loud funnies, but most of those you've already seen in the previews.
Has Jennifer Aniston really been in any good movies?  
She's just so pretty and fun to watch, because, she's so pretty, I guess.
Adam Sandler, I had higher expectations for you, 
This movie could have been so much better.
I'd say don't waste your time.

7 comments:

  1. We had the same reaction when we saw the Adjustment Bureau- very interesting, if a little strange. A lot of imagination was in it, for sure. As for the other one, we haven't seen it, and now, based on your review, we won't. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you pointed out that pointed out that the Adjustment Bureau has some strange ideas about free will and God's will. Although they don't say, "God's will" I felt that, especially at the end, they were attacking the idea of there being a Supreme God whose has a Holy Will that we should be following instead of our own. It made me a little uneasy.

    On a side note, one of Eric's friends from college whose family I know here in Virginia, was in that movie as an extra. kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also watched "Just go with it" as our anniversary date movie (in the theaters at the time.) I was sooo disappointed. I kept saying I wanted to leave but we never did. My husband bought me extra popcorn to make up for it, but it didn't. But the thought was sweet.

    I do like Jennifer Aniston! But I agree, why is she in such raunchy movies lately? I guess I liked her from "Friends" and have been a fan ever since.

    Adam Sandler, can't say I'm surprised. THough I did like him in "Bedtime Stories." Cute movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt that same way about Mama Mia. I kept thinking this is so bad, it can't get worse... and it did. I didn't turn it off because it got to the point where I had to watch to see how much worse it could get. And boy did it.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hooked on the Bourne series and Matt is one of my favorite actors but I don't know how I would like him in a different role. Maybe I'll give it a try and will take your advice on the other one. Hope your kiddos are doing OK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Aniston movies have disappointed me for years -- thanks for the confirmation that I don't need to see it!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the Adjustment Bureau!

    Last night we rented LIMITLESS, that was great, too. The cinematography was amazing and artistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!