Monday, January 17, 2011

Homeschool Comeback

This past Christmas someone asked me, you know, one of those usual stupid questions everyone who does not homeschool asks, "How do you do Math?" "Oh, I could never do Math!" Or, "I don't know how you do it."

I used to say, "I am not starting with Algebra, I'm starting with Kindergarten and working my way up along with them, it's a gradual thing."

Now, I say:
"I have the answer book."

Watch people have their little "Aha" moment, it's pretty funny.

9 comments:

  1. Hee, hee.

    (I left you a long message back on your "trying to get organized" post.)

    (And thanks for your "help" -- the problem has not been solved! Prayers appreciated.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO using this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really funny! I usually end up saying, "Well, I use a great program and Math isn't my 'hard' subject. I like Math." However, your answer is better because it doesn't have to be easier cuz I like Math ... everyone who homeschools has access to the TM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see a post from you Jamie and when I was in high school back in the mid 60's I bypassed algebra for regular math so I would definately have to have the answer book. Hope you and your lovely family have an awesome week.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say, "The best way to learn it is to teach it." I always get a very confused look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This....I like! What a wonderful way to respond!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate math. BORING! If I homeschooled it would be art everyday ....all day long.

    I AM thankful for the "math" minds out there and those who like it.

    My mind just doesnt work that way. I like to be creative and expressive and messy.

    happy adding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ATTENTION: Jamie Jo there is an award waiting for you over at my blog. I always feel better after spending time at your blog and feel you need some recognition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!