Thursday, October 16, 2008

Feast of St Margaret Mary

You can read about St Margaret Mary here.
Red Velvet Cake. It's a McCormick Red Velvet Cake recipe that I baked in a heart shaped pan. There's none left, our visitors each took some home, and the kids all had seconds, so it must have been good! (I had a taste, it was pretty good, if I do say so myself!)



Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to souls who have a special devotion to His Sacred Heart, given to St Margaret Mary.

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie. We all had a wonderful time at co-op! God bless you for catering to us and showing us that beautiful view from your hilltop. I look forward to getting together with the coop group again next month!

    -the cake WAS delicious, and Tom loved the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feast day celebration!!

    I love the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!