Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Photography 101

Can I bore you with some photos? (It's why I take them)
OK, kidding about the 101 part, but if I were to live my life over, I would have taken

photography classes. Oh, yeah, and if I had a lot of money, because you need a lot of money to buy a nice camera. The kind of camera I'd need to take the pictures I like to take.

SO, this post is just me messing with my camera at a park with the kiddos in the Fall.

(my cheap camera in the camera-photography world sense)
The above photo is my total favorite (not sure what total favorite means, but it's it)

That's our van in the far top right. Just FYI
What? That surprises you that we drive a van?
(click on the picture for even more beauty)


My kiddos!




For Christine and remembering Fatima today.
Thinking about the Son and the sun today.










6 comments:

  1. I love the photography!! I enjoy when others share their work. I find myself so often wishing to do more with photography and possibly even for money, but then hubby reminds me that EVERY mom around here seems to be doing it these days. So, I do it just for me instead. I need to start carrying my camera everywhere since every car ride has a 'I wish I had my camera with me' moment.
    And classes? Would also love to do them. I have to keep watching community ed. and maybe one of these days they'll have a course that fits my schedule. :)

    Absolutely am in awe of the beautiful photos that can be captured in the fall here too. Aren't they wonderful?

    Again, thanks for sharing these! Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots Jamie Jo. Made me want to be there. Thanks
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick story relating to the Feast of the Miracle of the Sun in Fatima here in Fargo - We had our opening Mass last night for our CCD and the power was out at the Cathedral here. It was pitch black!!

    Father Wilhelm was running around with flashlights to help the kid's choir (my kids said they couldn't even see their hands in front of them in the choir loft!) and lectors, servers, etc.

    Father prayed for the Blessed Mother's intercession to create another "miracle of light" in honor of the Feast day and asked her to have the power restored in time for 7 pm Mass.

    Well...you can only imagine when just as the bells were rung for Mass to begin ,the lights flicked on!!! It was truly a sight that left us in goosebumps and awe. Let's all make sure that we listen to Our Mother as well as her Son does!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUVing all the photos. So much color and contrast this time of year. Keep clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures! I, too, am a photographer-wannabe. I was just talking to my husband about whether or not the university where he teaches has an evening photography class -- faculty discount applies to spouses and dependents!

    (By the way, I've been meaning to post a comment on your "trying to be organized" post and just haven't had time. Maybe you have enough ideas? I haven't read all the comments. Let me know if you want more.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Michelle!! Always love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!